PDA

View Full Version : At the end of the day,...

johnnymossville
07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I imagine a lot is going through Lance's mind after today's race, which is probably his very last competitive day in the Tour de France. This along with something bkboom123 said yesterday resonated with me. Someone like Lance will always be polarizing, but then there's this. Taken from the livestrong site.

For Stacy (http://livestrongblog.org/2010/07/20/for-stacy/)

SoCalSteve
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you!

AngryScientist
07-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Lance is a hell of a guy, there's no getting around it. i'm by no means a lance fanboi, but you cant argue with all he has accomplished.

vqdriver
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
that just kicked everything back into perspective, didn't it?

Gothard
07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
He's what, 39 and still rides on of the world' hardest races. Boasting and bashing an hating and doping aside, it's an incrdible acomplishment. He could have gone home once his chances went bad, but stayed on. A good trait of character.

572cv
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
There is this same thread going through his comments, his life and his efforts. It is a sense of empathy, a sense of needing to give back, to support... there is a mission and a goal. No matter how driven Armstrong is to succeed as a bike rider, he has always acknowledged a greater goal, and in a sense, a gratitude for even being here to do so. For his antagonists, it has seemed to have been about themselves, a sense of joy in bringing someone down to their level. I admire the participation in this race, and the race being run against cancer for the long haul. Bon Chance, Lance. I do hope you can grab a stage in the Pyrenees, but then, you already have the high road.

thegunner
07-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Bon Chance, Lance. I do hope you can grab a stage in the Pyrenees, but then, you already have the high road.

unlikely given andy's 'belly of fire' :D