PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on Bontrager wheels

buford23
07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I have been offered a set of the Bontrager 6.5 tubies for a very attractive price by a friend but I know nothing about the brand. Can you please tell me what the difference is between these and Hed's. Also, has anyone had any good or negative experiences with these? Thanks

TAW
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I've had the Bontrager XXX lite tubulars for about 8 months now. Hubs are smooth, they ride nicely and seem to have endured some rough roads with no problems. HED also makes some great wheels, our shop sells them and they seem like good quality though I haven't ridden them.

false_Aest
07-19-2010, 11:34 PM
There's a response somewhere including XXX, HED, blowing your load and latex tubes.

While I do a google search for it why don't cha tell us a little bit about the what and how of your riding.

FWIW, I see a bunch of people at races rockin em. They all like 'em. They're also mostly mounted to non-Trek velocipedes.

buford23
07-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the responses. I am a sprinter, so having a deeper and stiff wheel is important to me for the finish. However, I am only about 155 lbs so most of the deep dish wheels are stiff enough for me. I will be using these for mostly flat to slightly hilly circuit races.
I race very often and rarely see Bontrager wheels, so when I was offered the set I had some hesitation. Can you tell me anything about them that is not listed on thier website. I did various google searches and there seems to be limited information about them.
Thanks