PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo brake pin loose

130R
07-17-2010, 10:12 PM
hey guys!

i was riding today and noticed that my brake pin on my right side chorus 10 lever was a little loose.

is there a way to keep it from moving? does anyone know or have an extra pin laying around? or is the whole lever toast?

thanks

oldpotatoe
07-18-2010, 07:13 AM
hey guys!

i was riding today and noticed that my brake pin on my right side chorus 10 lever was a little loose.

is there a way to keep it from moving? does anyone know or have an extra pin laying around? or is the whole lever toast?

thanks

You sure it's the pin that holds the brake lever in an not the pin that acts as a quick release? If it's the pin, you may just need the plastic shims and innards that surround the pin. Go talk to a shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo. Assuredly, the whole lever is not 'toast'.

AngryScientist
07-18-2010, 08:49 PM
it can seem like you have that "loose pin" feeling if you dont have at least a little cable tension on the brake lever, are your calipers too loose? they need a little tension on them for a bit of "preload" to keep them from rattling.

that of course may or may not actually be your problem, but its a good place to start