PDA

View Full Version : Lance Semi-Spoiler TDF

1happygirl
07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Lance on the ground,
Lance on the ground,
What ya gonna do with your Lance on the ground (to the tune of pants on the ground).

Can someone explain all the falls? Showed him today spilling not surrounded by anyone.
Is it:

1) the end of an era?
2) lack of epo/prbcs?
3) age?
4) new bike/position (a la Tyler Hamilton)?
OR
Was he really not as good handling the bike as I thought or the other peeps really sucked in the day? Maybe just tired without #2 above? :rolleyes:
I'm just curious

Tim
07-17-2010, 05:14 PM
age + fatigue + burn out + lack of concentration+ speed+ lots of other guys riding close by = lots of crashes

130R
07-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Its all a result of Allen Lim's experiments gone wrong.

MattTuck
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
There's a line from Day's of Thunder that goes something like "How long does it take before you find out if you're good or just lucky?"

I think certainly Lance is having a worse than average tour, probably unlucky. But in some ways, it is really not that unexpected that he'd have a year of bad crashes given so many years where he had really good luck.

Reversion to the mean, my dear friends. This is also known as the scientific law of "Pay back's a bitch."

BumbleBeeDave
07-17-2010, 06:11 PM
. . . from thinking about how all those subpoenaed canaries are going to be singing? :rolleyes:

BBD

false_Aest
07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I had this discussion 15 minutes ago.

Lance is older slower and probably a bit distracted by everything (Yeah this might include the **** that's following him, his ego, pulling a Michael Jordan less than stellar comeback and his bad luck.)

I'm not a hater. I'm not a lover. I wanna believe but I can't believe.

You can't blame it on one thing (doping or not, doping less or not).

My brain hurts.

pbjbike
07-17-2010, 06:59 PM
I had this discussion 15 minutes ago.

Lance is older slower and probably a bit distracted by everything (Yeah this might include the **** that's following him, his ego, pulling a Michael Jordan less than stellar comeback and his bad luck.)

I'm not a hater. I'm not a lover. I wanna believe but I can't believe.

You can't blame it on one thing (doping or not, doping less or not).

My brain hurts.

For a guy who took three years off at his peak, then made the podium last year, and races a very limited season, it makes you wonder...