PDA

View Full Version : More on Lance..

McQueen
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderreport/

Pretty good article by Joe Linsey, if you are keeping up with the on and off the road drama..

Lifelover
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
No question Lance will have to withdraw before the TDF starts. Right?

Or maybe it's that he will have to withdraw before it ends.

If we keep predicting his demise we will have to be right sooner or later.

harlond
07-15-2010, 04:19 PM
IMO, his discussion of Tailwind's business affairs strained unduly to find suspicious activity.

Erik.Lazdins
07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
All interesting stuff - but I would have liked this to build apres' tour not during. The tour deserves the sole spotlight.

kong79
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I'll bet he regrets ever trying a comeback. If he'd stayed a retired cycling star and just kept bonking socialites, all this business might have stayed hidden.

Steve in SLO
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
When I read and hear things like this, I hear Charlie Brown's teacher.

Bruce K
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
EXACTLY !!!!

Or to quote Shakespeare: "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" :crap:

BK

redir
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm not a big Lance fan but that article sucks. The premise of the article as can be deduced from the very first line, "Lance Armstrong used to have a fluid spin on the road and off it. What happened?", is that the reason that LA is not dominating the tour this year is that he is not doping. That is BS and any cycling fan outside of the occasional Bicycling magazine reader or ESPN arm chair captain of sports would know it.

michael white
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
whatever.

pbjbike
07-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Professional life and private life are separate, IMO. Whatever Lance, or anyone else, does off the bike, or off the court, or of the course, is their business. However, what they do when they are making millions off our fan-dom, (as professional athletes), then we can chime in. Lance's charity efforts are off the charts, but if he is proven to have used PED's, then many will abandon both his successes on the road, and his efforts with Livestrong. His comments today sounded a bit defensive, not like a guy who has no worries.

frenk
07-16-2010, 03:05 AM
I went to read said article but found the newer one about Renshaw.
I couldn't continue reading after
both riders were fined 400 Swiss francs (presumably because no one uses them anymore and so the riders will spend a lot of time trying to dig up that amount of money). Maybe someone should tell Mr. Linsey that Swiss Francs are alive and healty and at least an entire country uses them (my wallet is "full" of them right now) :rolleyes:

MarcusPless
07-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I went to read said article but found the newer one about Renshaw.

Scroll down a bit. I found the Lance article (dated July 14) below the comments on the Renshaw article.

Charles M
07-16-2010, 09:45 AM
When I read and hear things like this, I hear of Charlie Brown's teacher.

Yeah, Lindsey is comming off like a lot of folks on this forum do...

You can be fairly sure that they got picked on a LOT as kids and any chance there is at taking a swipe at folks at the top gets full play. (same same with the take on Dean leaning on Renshaw and getting his ass kicked for it).

The article doesn't suprise me and neither does the fact that it got posted here as some sort of good info.

pbjbike
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
It's just a sport, Pez. Lighten up. :bike: