PDA

View Full Version : Radio headsets used by the pros?

bocarider
07-14-2010, 07:35 PM
I am interested in what the pros use for radio set ups in the Tour, specifically which headsets they use. I am guessing they use pretty standard mini two way radios like Motorola makes.

Does anyone know what headsets they use?

Bruce K
07-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Interestingly they appear to be single sided ear buds with in-line microphones and push-to-talk switches.

There is way more sophisticated stuff out there that they could use.

I guess they're going with the KISS principle.

BK

BdaGhisallo
07-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Many of the teams used to use units made by Alinco.

false_Aest
07-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Bruce,

I have yet to see a kit like you describe. But scaring the **** out of other cyclists on in the Alps or Pyrenees sounds like awesome strategy. Also, instead of having one of those stupid custom horns, they could have "Rock and Roll All Nite" hooked up.

Finally, imagine what their roadies could do with wireless and PA systems. Hell, if KISS got into this they could put on a better TdF than VS any day. For sure, their coverage would not suck AND there would never ever EVER be an excuse for loss of communication.

PS. Improvement over Foot On's kits. (not sure about stack height for footwear though)

Bruce K
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
KISS Principle:

Keep It Simple - Stupid !!

But I like the photo. One of my all-time favorite bands, though I'm not sure why. I guess just the whole showmanship package, etc.

BK

false_Aest
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
KISS Principle:
I guess just the whole showmanship package, etc.

Yeah, it's something that AC need to work on! That finger-bang doesn't come close to Gene's tongue.

Cav is close but he's more EMO than ROCK.

:beer:

SEABREEZE
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Interestingly they appear to be single sided ear buds with in-line microphones and push-to-talk switches.

There is way more sophisticated stuff out there that they could use.

I guess they're going with the KISS principle.

BK

Thats exactally what my eyes also saw Bruce..