PDA

View Full Version : Pedros Demi-Torque Wrench

RADaines
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Is anyone out there using the above tool? I am interested in user comments and, if possible, comparison to other products out there. I currently use a Park TW-1 beam wrench. I tried to use it last night on my seat post bolts only to find that you need to be able to read the gauge from underneath. Not very easy to do unless you are lying on the ground. A click-type wrench would be far more convenient. I have read the previous threads related to torque wrenches but have found no reference to the new tool from Pedros. TIA

rice rocket
07-13-2010, 09:00 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-drive-click-stop-torque-wrench-2696.html

Haven't read any of the other threads, but in the automotive world, people have done back-to-back comparisons of Craftsman ($80) vs. Snap-On ($300) vs. Harbor Freight ($20), and the Harbor Freight ones are just as accurate. 2-3 years down the road, that might not be the case and you won't be able to find a place to calibrate it for free, but it's $20, you just buy another one. :)

Edit: That said, I've held onto my Harbor Freight torque wrench for about 6 years now, and don't plan on replacing it. +/- 4% vs +/- 6 or 8% isn't a deal breaker for me, but your needs might be different. Always remember to turn the knob back to zero before storing it, and it should be accurate for quite a while.