PDA

View Full Version : Sugoi RSE Bib Shorts

norcalbiker
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Looking for another line of clothing. Anyone here uses this brand and this particular model? I have been happy with ASSOS products but I thought I give another brand a try.

If you happen to use or have both Sugoi and Assos products, please need your input or comments.

http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/sugoi_rse_bib_short_mens.html

TIA

johnnymossville
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm a big fan of sugoi. I have several shorts and jerseys from them and love them all. long wearing and comfortable.

AngryScientist
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
not directly answering your question, but i recently bought a pair of rapha team bibs and they are simply fantastic.

ahumblecycler
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I was not impressed with the RSE. I was a huge fan of the RS. I do not like the new chamois nor the material lay up. I really liked the RS dimple material.

Oh ... and Sugoi took away the MP3 pocket.

norcalbiker
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm a big fan of sugoi. I have several shorts and jerseys from them and love them all. long wearing and comfortable.

Thanks.

norcalbiker
I was not impressed with the RSE. I was a huge fan of the RS. I do not like the new chamois nor the material lay up. I really liked the RS dimple material.

Oh ... and Sugoi took away the MP3 pocket.

What is the MP3 pocket?

veggieburger
Their jerseys used to be miles too short @ the back, but they have corrected that, I believe. The shorts do last a very long time and are quite comfortable.

Bruce K
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Our team(s) - Pinnacle Bike Works and www.cyclocrossworld.com Grassroots Team - are using Sugoi for kit.

So far, the stuff has been comfortable and durable. The sizing is a little different than some other manufacturers so try before you buy.

BK

zap
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Team kit last year was Sugoi. RS bibs were a pleasant surprise especially at team pricing. My favorite bibs.

I have not tried the RSE model.

Assos-I gave up after my last F1 purchase some years ago. Nice fit and comfort but far too many quality problems and the retail price is nuts.

norcalbiker
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Our team(s) - Pinnacle Bike Works and www.cyclocrossworld.com Grassroots Team - are using Sugoi for kit.

So far, the stuff has been comfortable and durable. The sizing is a little different than some other manufacturers so try before you buy.

BK

Thanks for your comments. That brings me to another question. I wear Large on Assos and I love the fit. I was told that the Sugoi are true sizes. This means that I need a medium size.

norcalbiker
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Assos-I gave up after my last F1 purchase some years ago. Nice fit and comfort but far too many quality problems and the retail price is nuts.

I hear you. I can't afford to keep buying Assos. :crap:

xjoex
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I really like the Sugoi RS shorts, I have 5 pairs of them.

-Joe

Bruce K
07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I wear a Large in Assos and needed an XL in Sugoi. The larges were just a little snug. I also wear a Large in Garneau shorts and Voler shorts if that helps at all.

If you can, (and please pardon the repetition) try them on before you buy. Some guys have had to "size up" and some guys have been able to wear the same size.

BK

BK