PDA

View Full Version : Black and white Sachs

LegendRider
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Last night our group ride passed a guy on a black and white Sachs (or so I think - I was in oxygen debt!). It had the traditional panels - just black or dark grey where you normally see red. I've never seen that color scheme - I'm partial to red and white...

crf
04-06-2005, 02:08 PM
...so what are the best colors on a Sachs besides the traditional (and lovely)red & white? A poll...

Kevan
04-06-2005, 02:30 PM
what the most bizarre scheme looked like. Maybe e-R is willing to enlighten?

jerk
04-06-2005, 02:38 PM
there's a really awful looking hot pink one around the streets of boston somewhere.....(awful in a good way, think of it as a 1984 period piece...)

Kirk Pacenti
04-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I had seen one in Santa Cruz with a "Mondrian" paint scheme, It was AWESOME!
I don't think it was the original paint job though.

Ciao,

crf
04-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Maybe that was an ode to the Partridge Family's bus. :D

Ray
04-06-2005, 03:04 PM
There's a real fine looking orange one on E-Ritchie's gallery page. I'm real partial to orange, never having gotten over this Molteni orance Merckx fixation, and may well have my Sachs painted this color when the time eventually comes.

-Ray

SPOKE
04-06-2005, 11:06 PM
my green one with cream panels. you can't miss it even if you're color blind.
it's about the color of this.... :D

sevencyclist
04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I have gotten to love the traditional white on the head tube and on middle part of the down tube. It gives such great proportion to the look of the bike. Currently I love the orange that he has on the website the most. It seems to be slightly lighter than the Molteni Orange. Reminds me of creamsicles. Yum!

Someone I know had a Brown color bike with White on the proper spots, and it was supposedly amazingly beautiful. Too bad the bike fell off from the bikerack on the freeway and got destroyed, so I never got to see it. I would have love to see it and decide if it suits me.

I just got on the Sachs waitlist last week, so I have three years to decide. I am open to suggestions, so guys, dazzle me with your pictures of favorite colors. Thanks.

davids
04-07-2005, 07:23 AM
UPS Brown and Baby Blue
Pink and Black
Cream and Orange
Pale Sea Green and White

crf
04-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Spoke: I saw your pic on Richie's site, with the GREEN bike...very striking color scheme. I like the blue one behind it too.

Davids: is the UPS Brown/Baby Blue the one that fell off the car?!

E-Richie: Do you have mucho thumbnails of all your creations somewhere (tinyurls)? After a 3-year wait, it would be a monuMENTAL decision to decide on color, so a guide would be great.

e-RICHIE
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
i don't answer commercial questions on the forum.
thanks.
e-RICHIE

crf
04-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Apologies.

e-RICHIE
04-08-2005, 11:39 AM
no need.
this is off-duty time for me.

davids
04-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Davids: is the UPS Brown/Baby Blue the one that fell off the car?!

Nah, sevencyclist reported that one, and it was brown and white.

This is what I'm talking about: IF Steel Crown Jewel (http://www.ifbikes.com/frames2/steelcrownjewel_p1.shtml) It looks twice as striking in the catalog! Of course, Sacha's website features a Copper/Baby Blue bike that might be the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Where's that drooling smiley?

Vancouverdave
04-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I have wrenched on one that Richie built in the late 1980's, it was dark bottle green with white panels, a gorgeous bike.