PDA

View Full Version : Canellara's Wattage for Roubaix?

rinconryder
07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Anyone know Cancellara's average wattage for Paris-Roubaix? I was wondering due to the Specialized marketing campaign with the battery on the downtube that said 430 watts....that seems ludicrous to me but feasible...if in fact he put out a 430 watt effort over the whole race he is from another planet.

AFS
07-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I haven't see his Roubaix numbers, but here's a video that gives his wattage from Flanders (285 watts avg).

http://iamspecialized.com/road/video/nic-sims-gives-us-an-inside-look-at-the-bike-fabian-cancellara-rode-to-victory-at-the-tour-of-flanders

rinconryder
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks...then there is no way he put out 430 watts / avg. Must be his wattage when he dropped the hammer on boonen on roubaix.

davidlee
07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I saw a SRM head unit pic from Flanders this year and his expenditure was 6500 KJ and max watts was right around 1650 if I remember correctly.
Noted that he didnt actually "sprint " in that race , his max wattage, I imagine would be the seated attack when he shelled Boonen on one of the Helligen. Even more impressive IMHO.

I also saw a file somewhere that he he averaged in the vicinity of 600 watts for 5 1/2 minutes at the TOC prologue a few years back.
YES sir , that man lays down some power, big power
david

johnnymossville
07-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I saw a SRM head unit pic from Flanders this year and his expenditure was 6500 KJ and max watts was right around 1650 if I remember correctly.
Noted that he didnt actually "sprint " in that race , his max wattage, I imagine would be the seated attack when he shelled Boonen on one of the Helligen. Even more impressive IMHO.

I also saw a file somewhere that he he averaged in the vicinity of 600 watts for 5 1/2 minutes at the TOC prologue a few years back.
YES sir , that man lays down some power, big power
david

1650 sounds about right for when he dropped Boonen. I'm thinking he averaged somewhere under 300 for the whole race.