PDA

View Full Version : Catlike Whisper Plus - Available 7/30

m.skeen
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
So who's going to pre-order one?

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/men-s-apparel/catlike/helmets.2805.html

I need a new helmet so I'm thinking about it. Expensive though... Anyone have any comments on sizing for these? I've read they run big but the sizes listed on CC seem be similar to Giro sizing.

ERDR
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
i have one. they run very similar to giro.
s.

fourflys
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
no way am I paying that much for a helmet, sorry... not when one half the price does the same thing...

Smiley
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
How much lighter and better ventilation for the doubling of the cost against a Giro, really I think I will just cut my hair a tad shorter for the summer's months and be way ahead of the game.
Sometimes I think if you make something way expensive people think it must be way better :) Really?

Ozz
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
...Sometimes I think if you make something way expensive people think it must be way better :) Really?
They may not think it is "better", but it will be more exclusive....whatever that is worth. ;)

Will there be a "Serotta" branded Catlike helmet available via new online store?

IXXI
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm ordering one. Once you get into the high ends of Specialized, Giro, etc I doubt there's any real difference, but I've always wanted to try one of these...if for no other reason that its different (at least here.) Reason enough for me.

Nil Else
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Once you get into the high ends of Specialized, Giro, etc I doubt there's any real difference

It's about finding ones that fits me way large round head comfortably without vise grip fit and not looking like I grew another head on top... a bit like the fat dude in the new TDF trek/shack/LA commercial... not really asking much.

false_Aest
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I'll buy it if they make it in yellow.

Charles M
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
It's 20% more than the Giro Ionos (at Competitive cyclist)... Not Double.

Look round the web and you'll find em pretty close to similar pricing

It's also 25% lighter and is among only a hand full that vent at least as well (and some might argue better) as the top line Giro...

The retention system is also very adjustable and really simple.

(Though Giro will release an updated retention system shortly)

Giro rules the roost on total quality (venting, weight, fit and finish and retention system), but the Whisper Plus gets right in the mix on all counts and frankly it might be the best venting helmet I've tried to date.

Smiley
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
It's 20% more than the Giro Ionos (at Competitive cyclist)... Not Double.

Look round the web and you'll find em pretty close to similar pricing

It's also 25% lighter and is among only a hand full that vent at least as well (and some might argue better) as the top line Giro...

The retention system is also very adjustable and really simple.

(Though Giro will release an updated retention system shortly)

Giro rules the roost on total quality (venting, weight, fit and finish and retention system), but the Whisper Plus gets right in the mix on all counts and frankly it might be the best venting helmet I've tried to date.

Hey Pez, we buy our helmet at websites you don't frequent and usually last years models at close out prices. You are certainly connected to get the good stuff discounted :) Envy baby :)

Charles M
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I thought I was looking at the same internet everyone else see's... The prices seem pretty close.

Smiley
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I thought I was looking at the same internet everyone else see's... The prices seem pretty close.

walmart and amazon :)

Hawker
08-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Have always been intrigued by the looks of these. Alas....I would never pay that kind of money for anyone's helmet, I always buy "last year's model".

WickedWheels
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Less than $300 for a helmet seems reasonable, even when on the high-end of the range. Considering the importance of that little piece of equipment and how easily a poorly-fitting, poorly-ventilated one can make a bike ride seem... well, less fun...

Most of us here spend so much on better-than-average shorts, jerseys, saddles, tires, etc, etc, etc... Why not a little extra on a helmet?