PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: TdF Stage 4

97CSI
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
What do you think............................is Cavendish washed up this year or have the other folks finally figured him out? Seemed to me that AP took off a couple of hundred meters earlier than ususal and was too far to go for Cav's patented last 200m dash. Hopefully, TF is recovering and will get into the mix before the mountains. Guess we will see more tomorrow.

johnnymossville
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I think Cav has proven that he can sprint a bit longer than 200m in the past. I've seen him do it, but the way others are going this year he'll be lucky to win one stage.

He just doesn't have it at the moment.

sg8357
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM
The Italians are winning the sprints and all is right in France.

Cipo, AleJet, the good old days.

JBone
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I noticed that Robbie is still lingering about on the sprinter finishes, hope he gets lucky this year and wins one. :)

mosca
07-07-2010, 03:06 PM
It looked like Cav gave up well before the line. Thor muscled in on Cav's wheel so AleJet just out-powered both of them. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bepvkHQjQeI

William
07-07-2010, 03:21 PM
It looked like Cav gave up well before the line. Thor muscled in on Cav's wheel so AleJet just out-powered both of them. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bepvkHQjQeI

Noticed that as well. The P-man came around and he tried to match, watched him pull by, then gave up and sat back. I don't think he has his form yet and he knows it....or came to the realization. We'll see if he can ride into to form as well as stay in it mentally.

William

PS: I was taught you never give up till you cross the line. Had a crashed happen or a disqualification, that last 20 meter effort could give you a win. Sit back and others stream by.

Steve in SLO
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I wonder if Cav got a talking to back on the team bus.
Trying for 2nd or 3rd can still land you on the podium. Giving up when you know you're not going to win seems a little diva-like and doesn't make for good team PR.
This is unless, of course, he was completely cooked.

97CSI
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Can't think of what might have cooked Cav today. Don't think his mind is right at the moment. And getting beaten at his own game is likely not going to help. If he doesn't win tomorrow I'm guessing he will give up and not finish the tour. We'll see. It is great to see AP back on stride.

Climb01742
07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
i'm happy for alejet.

sailorboy
07-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Yea, I didn't like seeing him give up like that, especially after the interview piece about how upset he was last year being relegated in that stage and losing the green jersey etc...he needs to shut his trap about the sprint competition until he proves that he is in it for the long haul. If I was a teammate and/or sponsor I would be pretty pissed right now as well. He's a boy among men right now in many respects.

Tom Byrnes
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
i'm happy for alejet.

Me. too.

BumbleBeeDave
07-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I just watched the video. Cav literally DID just sit up a few meters before the line. ***?! . . . Honestly it didn't look like he was going to win, but he also definitely didn't look like he didn't have a chance. Weird . . .

BBD

SEABREEZE
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Seen a interview with Cav on Virsus, under his eyes were puffy, that might explain his performance this year, as opposed to last year...

A healty well trained tdf rider would not show signs of this...