PDA

View Full Version : Tour updates

vqdriver
07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't have versus. Will universal sports air the tour this year too?
Anyone know a good iPhone app for the tour? How about a good website? I'd like more in depth coverage than the typical american papers.

Thanks

SoCalSteve
07-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Versus has been advertising Versus.com for complete tour coverage, etc...

$29.95

Enjoy!

Steve

mandasol
07-04-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.cyclingfans.com/ has links to live streams that they update constantly. For english they post links to the eurosport feeds. Sometimes you have to wait for the feeds to start for the links to be updated.

The official le tour site has a real time race tracker that keeps you up to speed on the race and every racers standings as the race is happening.

For more in depth news I follow all the major cycling news tweets on my android phone and just follow the links to the stories.

dogdriver
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I use Velo News

http://velonews.competitor.com/live

They have a couple guys running a blog of sorts. Not very techy, but it keeps you in real time...

oldpotatoe
07-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't have versus. Will universal sports air the tour this year too?
Anyone know a good iPhone app for the tour? How about a good website? I'd like more in depth coverage than the typical american papers.

Thanks

VS only on TV. Too bad, VS coverage is 120 minutes of coverage with about 1/2 actually being racing, the rest is fluff and filler with the 3 main 'hosts' hyping the LA VS Contador BS.

Universal, great coverage..racing coverage, like it is in Europa.

Tim
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
cyclingfans is excellent- they list all the available sites (in many languages) and even have links to youtube videos as well

Dekonick
07-04-2010, 11:04 AM
cyclingfans is excellent- they list all the available sites (in many languages) and even have links to youtube videos as well

Thanks!

thendenjeck
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
atdhe.net

jhcakilmer
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I actually bought the VS Tour de France iPhone/iPod Touch App, and I love it. I'm using in on my iPod Touch, over WiFi and the Live Video Streaming is great quality.

Several reviewers have mentioned "bugs" with the app, but I haven't had any. Also, if you plan on watching live video stream on 3G, rather than WiFi, video quality "will" be low.

Personally, I just like being able to do other things, and have my headset in listening to the race, with occasional glances.

Best part about this App is "no commercials" during live feed!!!!! :banana