PDA

View Full Version : good site for selling "classic looking but new" frames

gabbard
04-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey all,

Is E-bay the best place to sell what I would call a non-typical frame - in this case a Rivendell road frame/fork? It doesn't really fit into the whole "vintage" or "classic", because it is obviously relatively new.

I'm answering my own question here, but I will also check the Rivendell site and see if there are any for-sale postings there.

It is spring in Boulder - time to ride.

Steve

CNY rider
04-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I think this is the perfect place to post it.

gabbard
04-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Seems like most of the bikes for sale here are high-end Serottas, Pegorettis, Sachs, etc., but some of these folks have to have some other bikes in their garages. When a new frame enters the house, I'll post the old one here first.

Steve

djg
04-05-2005, 04:13 PM
E-bay provides a world of exposure--certainly it has a hit or miss element to it but it's hard to imagine a larger marketplace. This board, as others have said, seems like an obvious place, and the price is right. I've also used the roadbikereview classifieds page--there's a small charge for posting there, but it's very small.

medici
04-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey all,

Is E-bay the best place to sell what I would call a non-typical frame - in this case a Rivendell road frame/fork? It doesn't really fit into the whole "vintage" or "classic", because it is obviously relatively new.

I'm answering my own question here, but I will also check the Rivendell site and see if there are any for-sale postings there.

It is spring in Boulder - time to ride.

Steve

I'd try the Rivendell email list: RBW@bikelist.org
They're pretty active and eager.
Or the iBOB list, which is larger but not as Rivendell centered.

Pete