PDA

View Full Version : serotta t max

rlsrls
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
i have an older mtb that i know little about. it is a serotta t/max. i am unsure if the bike is titanium or what it is made out of. also i am unable to find any serial number on this bike. i assure you it is not on the bottom bracket. i have had this bike since 2000 and i know it was a few years old at that time. i was trying to sell this bike and i was hoping for some info from someone.
thanks rick

Matthew
04-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Your t-max is a steel frame. I bought one back in '94 and loved it. A bit heavy but a great ride. I sold mine but sure wish I had it today. I raced mine and found it to be bullet proof. I believe the tubing was made by Columbus and was shaped and butted throughout. The chainstays are beefy enough they did not have a bridge at the bottom bracket. Great frame.

tmophoto@mac.co
06-26-2005, 03:49 PM
its a steel frame (tubes ovalized) the serial number is on the rear dropouts (they might be stamped "ritchey" as well.) serotta used ritchey dropouts back then on the mtb bikes I think.

I am trying to sell one as well.. have no idea what its worth. I found a shop in florida selling one with all xt componente for $999

thomas

dirtdigger88
06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
:beer:

jason

Marron
06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Second Ascent in Seattle has a very large one (22", 23"?) hanging in the shop. If it was anywhere close to I my size I would be tempted; a match to my MX Leader.

tmophoto@mac.co
06-27-2005, 08:51 PM
do you know what its going for?

or a fair price for one now?

thanks
t