PDA

View Full Version : Ah, these modern bikes...

Avispa
06-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Man, I like the look of some modern bikes, but this is too much! Don't go using that piece as a seat post or crank arm! It clearly says what it is, right?

:D

..A..

AngryScientist
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
that stem really is terrible.

i went through college with a baseball cap that simply said "hat" across the front. it was comical.

dancinkozmo
06-30-2010, 08:53 AM
..at least you cant mount it upside down by accident ...
it needs to be labeled cause if it were off the bike nobody would know what the heck it is.

David Kirk
06-30-2010, 09:24 AM
http://www.leftrightnow.com/belushi.jpg

Dave

fiamme red
06-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Don't go using that piece as a seat post or crank arm!And yet there will probably be someone who tries it. :)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/ennuiescapist/Cartoons/FarSide_gifted.jpg

false_Aest
06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
No worse than some of the Trek-looking Serotta paintjobs I've seen posted in the galleries here.

I think you can keep hotdogs warm in there. Way better than a Bento Box

Louis
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
At least the steerer tube clamp seems kind of interesting. I wonder how it works.

ahumblecycler
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Perhaps we should give Look the opportunity to explain the functionality of the stem before passing judgment.

My hypothesis is that the stem reflects the latest generation of their ergo-/adjustable stem. My hypothesis is based on several physical aspects of the stem.

As for the label "stem", it is common to label parts while still in the R&D stage.

SoCalSteve
06-30-2010, 12:04 PM
I like it!

I hope it's form following function as there is no need for a compression plug, top cap, whatever...

If it makes it easier to install and adjust, then I think it's a great design!

Time designed a very easy to adjust headset, I hope Look has done the same thing with this design.

TMB
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
The stem, and the bike it is attached to are ugly beyond words.

Simply beyond mere words.

snah
06-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I like it!

I hope it's form following function as there is no need for a compression plug, top cap, whatever...

If it makes it easier to install and adjust, then I think it's a great design!

Time designed a very easy to adjust headset, I hope Look has done the same thing with this design.

Agreed, I like it.

Climb01742
06-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Perhaps we should give Look the opportunity to explain the functionality of the stem before passing judgment.

My hypothesis is that the stem reflects the latest generation of their ergo-/adjustable stem. My hypothesis is based on several physical aspects of the stem.

As for the label "stem", it is common to label parts while still in the R&D stage.

;)

a well-engineered adjustable stem would be most useful, IMO.

dancinkozmo
06-30-2010, 02:35 PM

my hypothesis is that this is what happens when the marketing dept. thinks they can design parts...

rinconryder
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I was disappointed by this offering from Look...might as well have called it the Look Madone...I like Look because they maintain a traditional appearance while having modern overtones (TT bikes aside) but this bike just doesn't do anything for me. I will stick with my 585 which I love.

Avispa
06-30-2010, 04:12 PM
No worse than some of the Trek-looking Serotta paintjobs I've seen posted in the galleries here.

And where are those pictures... :confused: Besides the Serotta "Ford" bike, I have yet to see one that has these paint jobs...

Funny thing is that there are no other parts labeled on the bike... I'd like to see an R&D wheel where they would label the items: "Spoke" and "Rim..."

..A..

130R
06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
i think it's says "C Stem"

not "Stem"

wc1934
06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Fugly

ahumblecycler
07-01-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/look-695-first-ride-26817

:rolleyes: