PDA

View Full Version : Need info on a bicycle... PLEASE!

dirtbrain
06-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a bicycle that was left to my by my Grandfather who passed 7 months ago. Anyway, I have NO idea what it is, and can't find any info on it. HOPEFULLY someone can help. All I know about it is as follows... The maker (I believe) is, Concord, and the model number (I believe) is a, Cruiser 6. So, a Concord Cruiser 6. It's in great condition, light pale... almost pastel blue... and more like a beach cruiser, but with gears. If someone could give me ANY info on the bike, it'd be MUCH appreciated! A value would be nice too, and, IF it's worth any money... any buyers??? Lol... I don't need the bike, I already have 4. Anyway... I'm blabbing. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks guys, and have a wonderful day/afternoon or night, depending on where you reside. Thanks again!

-Jeremy (E-mail, jbronson19822007@yahoo.com)

P.S.
If you need pictures to get a better idea, I can make that happen... just let me know.

AngryScientist
06-30-2010, 08:16 AM
post up some pics.

either way, i say keep the bike if you have space, maybe your grandfather wanted you to have it. dont dismiss it so quickly, perhaps someday you will be cruising along and come up with a brilliant idea to save the world, or make a million, or ask that special someone to dinner....

William
06-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I agree. Post up some pictures there DJ Jerry. :cool:

William

Joellogicman
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
There are many old cruisers around. Very few have any palpable collection value. If your Grandad's were one of the few, you would find a web site or forum devoted to it.

The fact you have not speaks volumes.

Keep it and ride it for fun, or donate it to someone who will.

johnnymossville
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Wasn't Concord a Japanese brand of bikes? I think they were are a mid-priced brand, probably from the 1970's.

I had a Concord 10sp when I was a kid that my dad brought home from work one day and it served me well, not high end, but definitely better than a run of the mill dept. store brand.

I never heard of anyone else having one and have no idea how/where they were sold.

false_Aest
06-30-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU

130R
07-01-2010, 02:10 AM
there's a concord cruiser for sale here in the Davis CL

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/1820237787.html

should give you a ballpark of what to expect to get. $175 is still too much in my opinion.