PDA

View Full Version : Legend TI has met it's match

Pete Serotta
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Next to last day for Ride the Rockies, the Parlee, Mavic truck and trailer bumped over the Legend. They graciously loaned me a Parlee Z5 with Mavic Rsys and Sram Force.

Based on age of ti frame with F1 fork and old campy triple, i guess i will have to replace things( based on what mike recommends at Cyclesport after seeing and evaluating it

Some area of interest are

New TI
New ottrott
New hsg gs

Thoughts and suggestions for I am quite Serotta biased!! Thanks
Recommendations. And thoughts

false_Aest
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Just keep the Parlee

130R
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
+1 on the parlee

Jack Brunk
06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Plus 2 on the parlee. One of the best carbon frames i've been on.

jlwdm
06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
We can't recommend without knowing what you have already and you always claim to only have one or two bikes - and we all know that is not true.

Jeff

Ken Robb
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
you threw that old dog under the truck, didn't you?

Smiley
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Next to last day for Ride the Rockies, the Parlee, Mavic truck and trailer bumped over the Legend. They graciously loaned me a Parlee Z5 with Mavic Rsys and Sram Force.

Based on age of ti frame with F1 fork and old campy triple, i guess i will have to replace things( based on what mike recommends at Cyclesport after seeing and evaluating it

New TI
New ottrott
New hsg gs

Bedford Ti ?

rugbysecondrow
06-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Bedford Ti ?

sounds like a winning combo

rnhood
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Another vote for the Parlee, a superb bike in every respect. But put on a pair of Shimano 7850 24 CL's, and you'll be riding a bike that will be the envy of metal.

BumbleBeeDave
06-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Your ONE bike has been wrecked?!?! ;) :D

BBD

avalonracing
06-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Jeez guys... His name is Serotta_Pete
NOT Parlee_Bedford_Trek_Pete

Pete,
Go Serotta and go full Ti. They are bombproof until they get run down by a Mavic truck.

Hard Fit
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
are you an employee of Serotta? Can't you try them all out? Personally, based on just looks alone, I say the HSG GS. i prefer the all carbon look instead of a mixture.

victork
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I have a 2003 Legend Ti and test rode an HSG last month. I say get the HSG.

Kupe
06-22-2010, 10:37 PM
We gave the perpetrator a ride home from RtR and, if it's any consolation, he was a combination of feeling like Hell and scared ****less that you were going to smother him in his sleep.

soulspinner
06-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Get a Classique ti cross and an HSG. Then yer covered.... :beer:

dekindy
06-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Wow, accidents do happen. Since I have learned that the Ottrott is Ben's favorite that would be my first inclination.

jsfoster
06-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Pete,
So sorry to hear that your Legend was damaged, glad you weren't on it! I love my Legend ST, Whenever I get on it I wonder why I ever ride my other bikes, all of which are wonderful in themselves.
good Luck, Jon

flydhest
06-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Pete,
You and I have known each other for years, so you know that you can trust my suggestions more than any of these other yahoos.

I suggest you get a carbon HSG, but you are likely very busy these days. As a result, you should have Smiley fit it to me and then we'll keep it up here for when you come visit. Trust me, it'll work.

zap
06-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Pete, ummmm, that was you on a HSG we saw in Vermont. The one which you got the flat. The only flat the entire week.

So, AE.

sg8357
06-23-2010, 07:22 AM
I think them including R-SYS wheels is part of a nefarious
plot to do you in, I'd watch out for Mr. Squirrel if I were you. :)

SEABREEZE
06-23-2010, 07:56 AM
MY VOTE

http://www.serotta.com/assets/images/products//main_ottrott_w_1.jpg

Pete Serotta
06-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Pete,
You and I have known each other for years, so you know that you can trust my suggestions more than any of these other yahoos.

I suggest you get a carbon HSG, but you are likely very busy these days. As a result, you should have Smiley fit it to me and then we'll keep it up here for when you come visit. Trust me, it'll work.

and visit with Sir Fly and his wondeful wine and dine and also RIDE!!! :beer:

rockdude
06-23-2010, 08:40 AM
I have the the Ti legend and a Z1, both are great bike but in different ways. My go to bike is still the Legend. The legend is just good at everything you want and the Z1 is sooo smooth and light.

Dekonick
06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Hors Categorie Duh! Why even ask such silly questions?

DOH! :crap:

OK - Why not get a new Legend? You could always send the old dog to the vet (Serotta) and have them repair her...

Ahneida Ride
06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
New Ti Pete ..

Serotta or Bedford ...

or just look for a used HC.

dave thompson
06-23-2010, 10:52 AM
An Ottrott Pete, the sweetest bike on the road. It combines the best of the Ti and Carbon worlds and when you have it custom built to suit your needs and style, well it's nonpareil!

Ken Robb
06-23-2010, 10:58 AM
An Ottrott Pete, the sweetest bike on the road. It combines the best of the Ti and Carbon worlds and when you have it custom built to suit your needs and style, well it's nonpareil!

But wait! Didn't you sell your Ottrot? :)

SoCalSteve
06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
But wait! Didn't you sell your Ottrot? :)

That doesn't mean anything, Dave T. sells all his bikes eventually. I bought one and came very close on numerous occasions to buying others. I still regret NOT buying that white sloping top tubed Hors Cat that 1/2 the Forumites have owned...Dirtdigger, DBRK, Dave T and Louis (to name just a few).

Gothard
06-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Pete, if you ride my size, PM me.

BumbleBeeDave
06-23-2010, 12:43 PM
. . . You have to trust me on this, but Pete has at least one other bike to ride! :)

BBD

PaulE
06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Who are you kidding asking us for new bike advice? You have orhave had them all (in your one bike)! Due to the classic nature of that Legend with a 1 inch headtube and F-1 fork, how can you replace something that is irreplaceable? You should insist on a custom Meivici AE with Di-2, a Mavic full carbon wheelset, a full Mavic clothing kit in your size and top end Mavic pedals and shoes as well. After all that you and the Legend have been through together, the pain and suffering you must be feeling can not be adequately compensated, but this would be a start to a fair settlement. Only then can the healing begin!:)

spiderman
06-23-2010, 01:31 PM
wanna borrow my ottrott??
you're welcome to try it out.
i'll get it ready for you.
it is wearing nimble fly tubulars right now
but i'd be happy to shod it with something else
if you like!
i'm serious!
it coasts uphill and loved the copper triangle!

Pete Serotta
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
:beer: :beer:

. . . You have to trust me on this, but Pete has at least one other bike to ride! :)

BBD

Pete Serotta
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Let me see it and some pictures of you new bikes....and kits :bike: :bike:

I am an umemployed slow rider and you will be my idol :beer:

Who are you kidding asking us for new bike advice? You have orhave had them all (in your one bike)! Due to the classic nature of that Legend with a 1 inch headtube and F-1 fork, how can you replace something that is irreplaceable? You should insist on a custom Meivici AE with Di-2, a Mavic full carbon wheelset, a full Mavic clothing kit in your size and top end Mavic pedals and shoes as well. After all that you and the Legend have been through together, the pain and suffering you must be feeling can not be adequately compensated, but this would be a start to a fair settlement. Only then can the healing begin!:)

pdmtong
06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Pete, tough way to see an old friend go. Glad its demise dindt include injury to you

I guess the new ought to make sense in the context of your other rides. For ti and ti/carbon, serotta is tough to beat. The ottrott is of course sublime. As for pure carbon, why not consdier parlee or crumpton in addition to HSG? No offense to mike and our hosts but bob and nick know a thing or two as well.

oldpotatoe
06-24-2010, 08:00 AM

New TI
New ottrott
New hsg gs

You aren't the first guy to be tossed under the bus(truck) by Mr Davis.

93legendti
06-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Ottrott-when you can't decide between ti and carbon!

Point Grey
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey Pete,
Tell Bill he owes you a new Ottrott after running over the Ti!!!

Pete Serotta
06-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Yep he offered a PARLEE Z5 ,,,but you know I am very biased to BEN, STAN, Bonnie and team. Additionally it is all USA made by Mike (Dr. CARBON) and SCOTT/TEAM

Hey Pete,
Tell Bill he owes you a new Ottrott after running over the Ti!!!