dnovo or dbrk?
:D

dbrk
01-26-2004, 10:11 PM
weird? us? us weird?
well, okay, maybe a little.
well...alright, maybe a lot.
okay, so you nailed us.
but weird in dario's eyes is just fine by me.
i know that dnovo agrees.
you know how i know that?
he's my evil twin!!
muuuhaaaaaahhhahhahha!!!

dbrk
perhaps a bit fevered by the insistent winter...

bags27
01-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Gotta be dbrk for sure, unless dnovo moved to the East Coast...or unless DP doesn't know the East Coast from the Midwest.:)...or unless this is really a secret signal designed to unleash the mole cycle terrorists on the East Coast to destroy all the independent frame makers there. Hmmmm. Maybe someone ought to contact Tom Ridge.

JohnS
01-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Did anyone else notice that Dario said that TIG welding was the "liberation" of the frame builder? It allows him to be more creative. So much for lugs... :p

Climb01742
01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
yeah, given some of the tubing diameters dario uses, finding lugs would be, uh, a challenge. interesting since he doesn't do any sloping TT, so that isn't his issue with finding lugs. my guess is being able to use fat tubes and tubes of as many different diameters as he wishes in a frame. for my custom marcelo (should it EVER arrive) dario will use lots o' diameters. imagine finding lugs for a BLE? the holland tunnel comes to mind...

Matt Barkley
01-27-2004, 05:15 PM
When Dario dropped by the shop unannounced (he was in the country came by to say HI!!?!! we got into a lengthy question- answer session about other maker framesets. Pretty good ones, mind you, that Dario respects (the builders, probably not my questions.) He said a lot about larger "biiiieegger" tubsets and in his way looked at me saying, "Matt, you must open your mind." Like these other builders weren't "opening" their minds. At the time I saw what he meant. It made sense for the direction he has gone with his framesets and materials. - Matt

Redturbo
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Is it just the pictures I've seen or do all the stock sized Pegorettis come with 3 to 4cm headtube extension?

turbo

Matt Barkley
01-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I'd call it 2.5 cm.'s of extension. (I've measured.)

My own personal preference is for less. Maybe .75mm less on stock sizes. Yep...

Check out this Newcastle... A victom of last nights continueing snow/sleet/ice storm in the Mid-Atalantic.

Dr. Doofus
01-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Matt, the Doc says you gotta stop opening those things by hittin em on the side of your head like that.

Sort of reminds me of a guy -- fred steele -- I played beer-league baseball with in the summer after my soph year in college...he would open a twist-off bottle in his eye socket just to do it....

JohnS
01-27-2004, 07:40 PM
What a waste of good English Ale. You're not supposed to get it that cold. :)

Matt Barkley
01-27-2004, 07:40 PM
maybe I should have posted this picture to the Colnago Carbon crank catostrophic failure leauge?

Climb01742
01-28-2004, 07:48 AM
i was actually in newcastle recently and had a draft pint of said beer. quite tasty, and trust me, in newcastle, beer would never hang around long enough to meet the fate pictured. newcastle is one partying town.

JohnS
01-28-2004, 10:38 AM
What well known rock song mentions Newcastle Brown Ale?

e-RICHIE
01-28-2004, 01:30 PM
John S asked, "What well known rock song mentions Newcastle Brown Ale?"

that's too easy.

here:

Newcastle Brown Ale loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
Newcastle Brown Ale loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You think you lost your Newcastle Brown Ale,
When i saw the your Newcastle Brown Ale yesterday.
It's you Newcastle Brown Ale is thinking of
And Newcastle Brown Ale told me what to say.
Newcastle Brown Ale says it loves you
And you know that can't be bad.
Yes, Newcastle Brown Ale loves you
And you know you should be glad. ooh!

Newcastle Brown Ale said you were to know
That Newcastle Brown Ale almost lost its mind.
And now Newcastle Brown Ale says it knows
You're not the hurting kind.
Newcastle Brown Ale says she loves you
And you know that can't be bad.
Yes, Newcastle Brown Ale loves you

And you know you should be glad. ooh!

And with a love like that
You know you should be glad.

e-RICHIE

ps

:bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike:

Matt Barkley
01-28-2004, 01:51 PM
mention? - E-Ritchie?
Does everyone see the injected core-constuction of that Newcastle tube? Frozen Ale! Now My car. basement, kitchen, and trash (frozen outside) smells of the ale. At what temp did those Colnago Cranks fail? When will something I ride catostrophically fail? And at what temp.? And what is the Famous Rock song that Mentions Newcastle while we are at it. I can wait.

JohnS
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Thirty Days In The Hole- Humble Pie

Matt Barkley
01-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Maybe it was, "Expand your mind."