PDA

View Full Version : Fisher cronus ultimate size 56 anyone?

dixiesdad
06-18-2010, 04:35 PM
looking for a 2010 fisher cronus in the black color sram red 56 cm bike. any trek dealers out there that could help?

rockdude
06-18-2010, 11:06 PM
You better get it now. Trek just discontinued the Gary Fisher brand.

kgreene10
06-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Mellow Johnnys in Austin seems to have a lot of them.

kgreene10
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Here's one I just saw today -- http://txbra.org/forum3/index.asp?page=loader&forumID=98

dixiesdad
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
checked with mellow js and they were out in my size.

RABikes2
06-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Trek just discontinued the Gary Fisher brand.
Sorry, this statement is incorrect.

rockdude
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Sorry, this statement is incorrect.

Call it what you want but GF is not a stand alone brand any more.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-bicycle-corporation-kills-off-gary-fisher-bicycles-26615

RABikes2
06-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Call it what you want but GF is not a stand alone brand any more.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-bicycle-corporation-kills-off-gary-fisher-bicycles-26615
Beginning in 2011, Gary Fisher will be under the Trek label. However, the new Gary Fisher Collection is still Gary's bikes, his influence, and ideas. He will remain involved with his bikes and plans to grow under Trek's label. The title of that article is somewhat misleading.

BumbleBeeDave
06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Looks like Fisher will still have his name on every bike, albeit probably in smaller print. But previously many neophytes who might be aware of Fisher's fame and thus be interested in purchasing one of "his" bikes might not know they are made by Trek. By having Trek and the Fisher name on every bike it may lead to more crossover sales for Trek, which is perceived as a road bike company. Regardless of there now being fisher road bikes, he is primarily known for the MTB's.

BBD

Jack Brunk
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Too bad for the Gary Fisher dealers as they get screwed in the deal. Now the bikes will only be sold by a Trek dealer. That's Treks way of thanking the Fisher dealer for building up the brand and now eff off with no compensation.

rockdude
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Too bad for the Gary Fisher dealers as they get screwed in the deal. Now the bikes will only be sold by a Trek dealer. That's Treks way of thanking the Fisher dealer for building up the brand and now eff off with no compensation.

Bingo, Jack...

dixiesdad
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I have exhausted the fisher quest to no avail and do not want the new neutered graphics of the 2011, so have looked hard and hope to pull the trigger on a BMC pro machine. equiped with parts I have and a new force group under $4,000. I have the wheels/bar stem/saddle/pedals and will only need the group and chain. getting the new white one with the blue graphics.

I realize graphics are petty but who among us is not? PS the sale of my pegoretti fell through which I was afraid of so the 56 baca with campy 10 speed chorus with nos group, alloy crank, not carbon, with campy neutrons for sale again this time as whole bike is $2950 I pay shipping just a thought. offers will be considered.

Jawn P
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Trek also got rid of Fisher's lifetime warranty for 2011... so knowing the dependability of their mountain bikes, the BMC may be a good idea.

BumbleBeeDave
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Getting rid of the lifetime warranty saves them $$, as does downgrading the Fisher brand from a downtube marquee to just a top tube "collection." They're probably also paying Fisher much less for the lesser use of his name--not that he's suffering anyway. :rolleyes: I can just see them telling him to bend over and take it this way or get cut off entirely like they did with LeMond. And keeping his name as a "collection" prevents him from going off and re-establishing his brand with a new startup. I would also wager that if Lance does get popped for doping Trek will be among the first in line to sue him to get all their $$ back for using his name in the past.

Call me a total cynic or call Trek totally greedy--or both . . . ;)

BBD

csm
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
how many bike mfrs offer lifetime warranties anymore? I think this has been discussed here before.
I think the move to make Gary Fisher a "brand" more than a seperate line sucks but in this day of consolidation, etc....

BengeBoy
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I was once looking for a Trek and I called a dealer who looked up in their system and could tell me where to find one in my size elsewhere in the country.

I guess Fisher dealers can't do the same (?) to find a Fisher (I'm assuming you asked your friendly local Fisher dealer to do a national search for you).

If that's true, sounds like they never invested in the same infrastructure for their Fisher franchise that they did for Trek dealers.

csm
06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
a fisher dealer can do a "who's got one" search also; my guess is that nobody else wants to give up the one they have.

soulspinner
06-25-2010, 06:12 AM
a fisher dealer can do a "who's got one" search also; my guess is that nobody else wants to give up the one they have.

Im sure thats it , its a 56.

RABikes2
06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
looking for a 2010 fisher cronus in the black color sram red 56 cm bike. any trek dealers out there that could help?
At one of my jobs, I am the clothing buyer and do sales for a bike shop that is a Trek/Gary Fisher store. I looked in Dexter (a system used for ordering everything from Trek) for a Fisher Chronus Ultimate 56. This system covers the inventory for the US, the bike is "SOLD OUT" in a 56 and "New Product" is due August 2010. That means unless you can find a dealer who might still have one in their inventory, the 2010 bike is not available.

As for some of the other comments, if time permits at work today, I plan to re-listen to the recent interviews w/ Gary and re-read the company announcement articles before saying anything. :)

We've received the new GF dealer bike catalog and the new GF bikes will have TREK on them w/ "Gary Fisher Collection" also. I might add, the new 2011 GF bikes, just like his 2010 bike line, rocks.

I own a Trek WSD 5.0 Pilot, which is a fantastic bike ... and I still love my Legend Ti, too!

RA