PDA

View Full Version : Had a GREAT ride last night!

merlinmurph
06-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I am still buzzed from my ride last night. :banana: West of Boston, it was in the 70's, the wind died down (lakes were like a mirror), and I felt great. Did a hilly route that took me west to the Purgatory Chasm area, and ended up with 63 miles w/ 4000+ ft climbing.

I was wondering if these 56-year-old legs were up for this stuff anymore, but after a night like last night, I'm revived. This was definitely one of those defining rides that reminds one why we do this to ourselves.

Things seen along the way:
- a mailbox with the name "Downer" on it
- a political sign for someone named Fattman

Thoughts along the way included getting another bike to do rides like D2R2.... ;)

Hope you all had a great ride yesterday.

Murph

Ti Designs
06-16-2010, 08:04 AM
I managed to get out on the tandem for a couple of hours after work. Lots and lots of rides going in every direction, guess everybody got the same idea - something about looking out the window all day at work...

bobswire
06-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey there are plenty of those days ahead for your "ole legs" take it from this 65 yr old cyclist. Did a ride like yours awhile back that made me realize I could use an update so I looked around I got a deal on a 2007 Coeur d'Acier frame from another forumite that I'm in the process of building up (pics to come when complete) for those nice long road trips

Here is a shot from one of those special rides on my Della Santa....