PDA

View Full Version : Cost estimate for coeur d'acier

gregrams
06-16-2010, 07:08 AM
How do I estimate what the cost of a Coeur d'acier with full dura ace and appropriate wheels for a 6"4 230 man :D :D would be?

RADaines
06-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I usually go to Excel Sports' web site and price out a custom group package. Look at the non-discount price, couple this with the posted price of the frame/fork, and you should get a ballpark idea. I am assuming that the frame/fork prices are posted on the Serotta web site. A custom paint scheme will increase price to an unknown degree.

rugbysecondrow
06-16-2010, 08:57 AM
How do I estimate what the cost of a Coeur d'acier with full dura ace and appropriate wheels for a 6"4 230 man :D :D would be?

Are you lookng for used or new pricing?

fiamme red
06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
The OP takes a long time to make a decision. He said back in 2008 that he was buying a CdA. :rolleyes:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=49556

scooter01
06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I have a CDA with a F3 fork 61 cm I could sell you

let me if you have any interest.

ericspin
06-17-2010, 05:46 AM
To the original post...........it doesn't matter what it costs.........just buy it! I had two titanium Serottas prior to my CDA and it totally outshines bofem. Seriously, I think the CDA may be a real hidden gem but then Pete has been saying that for years. Out of curiosity, what are you riding now? And also, if you can find a good used one here on the forum (see post above) it really becomes a good deal.

mnoble485
06-17-2010, 06:30 AM
AMEN to Eric's post. If it fits...you must buy.

Ken Robb
06-17-2010, 11:12 AM
I have a CDA with a F3 fork 61 cm I could sell you

let me if you have any interest.

tell us more--it may be just Thompson's size and he hasn't bought a bike in a couple of months. :)

Bob Ross
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I had two titanium Serottas prior to my CDA and it totally outshines bofem.

Heh-heh... I love that word.

gregrams
06-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Neew love: Indy Fab SSR

fiamme red
06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
The OP is a troll. :crap:

Dekonick
06-23-2010, 09:28 AM
The OP is a troll. :crap:

At least it is cycling related... :beer:

dave thompson
06-23-2010, 10:20 AM
tell us more--it may be just Thompson's size and he hasn't bought a bike in a couple of months. :)
Oh yes I have.

gregrams
06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
A Troll?

fiamme red
06-23-2010, 01:24 PM
A Troll?Troll, tire kicker, whatever.

How many times are you going to ask whether you should buy a Serotta or IF, Serotta or Seven, Coeur d'acier or Fierte IT, Ottrott GS or Fierte IT, etc.? Just buy one of them already. :rolleyes:

gregrams
06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
OK, Peter. I will not ask here again, since it is so annoying. I am saving and have been saving for a while. I find it very anal of you to recall my 2008 posts. I may very well be a troll but at least Im not a Flaming Red AH.

dekindy
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Troll, tire kicker, whatever.

How many times are you going to ask whether you should buy a Serotta or IF, Serotta or Seven, Coeur d'acier or Fierte IT, Ottrott GS or Fierte IT, etc.? Just buy one of them already. :rolleyes:

He is still interested and prices and options have changed dramatically since 2008. Not everyone has the luxury of buying and selling bicycles on a whim or ownning multiple bicycles. Believe it or not, for some it is a decision that they have to live with.

dekindy
06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
OK, Peter. I will not ask here again, since it is so annoying. I am saving and have been saving for a while. I find it very anal of you to recall my 2008 posts. I may very well be a troll but at least Im not a Flaming Red AH.

Sorry. I hope the decision you eventually make is a good one.

rugbysecondrow
06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Troll, tire kicker, whatever.

You sure let your nose get bent over a harmless question. God forbid a question about a Serotta bike is asked on a Serotta hosted forum.

palincss
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
The OP takes a long time to make a decision.

There's certainly precedent in literature (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7740lGif65Y&feature=related) for people to have trouble making up their mind.

BengeBoy
06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I usually go to Excel Sports' web site and price out a custom group package. Look at the non-discount price, couple this with the posted price of the frame/fork, and you should get a ballpark idea. I am assuming that the frame/fork prices are posted on the Serotta web site. A custom paint scheme will increase price to an unknown degree.

Thread could have been closed after this.

OP asked: how do I get an estimate?

This is a good answer.

pdmtong
06-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Is the difficulty simply in finding the f/f price of a CDA? It's right on the website. Parts prices of course are easy to get and build cost/weight calculators are out there. So, not sure why the price question.

Now, the appopriate wheels question is one that is interesting. At 230#, that bears consideration

fiamme red
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
All right, I'm going to buy a Serotta. Titanium or steel or carbon? Should I buy an Ottrott SE, HSG GS, Coeur d'Acier SE, or Classique Ti? At 230 lbs, am I better served with Ksyriums, Eurus, Cosmic Carbones, or Zipps? Should I go with Dura Ace or Super Record 11? Please let me know how much each of these combinations will cost.

On second thought, I'm no longer interested in a Serotta. My decision now is between a Seven Elium and IF SSR. And what do you think of SRAM Red?

:rolleyes:

Larry
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
All right, I'm going to buy a Serotta. Titanium or steel or carbon? Should I buy an Ottrott SE, HSG GS, Coeur d'Acier SE, or Classique Ti? At 230 lbs, am I better served with Ksyriums, Eurus, Cosmic Carbones, or Zipps? Should I go with Dura Ace or Super Record 11? Please let me know how much each of these combinations will cost.

On second thought, I'm no longer interested in a Serotta. My decision now is between a Seven Elium and IF SSR. And what do you think of SRAM Red?

:rolleyes:

Custom Coeur d'Acier all the way. Eurus wheels. Full Campy Chorus.