PDA

View Full Version : CT Crank/derailleur

No Circles
04-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I am using a 50/36 9/10 speed crank with a 9 speed Record set-up. I ocassionally get a messed up shift with the FD that follows what Campy says will happen if you don't use the CT FD. My question is whether it will work with 9 speed. I asked Colorado Cyclist about it and the answer was not helpful since it seemed to be another way of telling me I would not have the problem if I upgraded to 10 speed. Any help or epithanies,

Bruce

SPOKE
04-02-2005, 04:38 PM
i'm running an FSA compact crank and standard campy record 9spd front derailleur with a 9spd record rear derailleur shifting a 10spd chain and cassette on my Legend. it all works pretty well. i think a 10spd front derailleur would speed up the front shifting but it's not too bad now. i'm sure there is some shifting performance improvement using the campy compact front derailleur w/ a compact crank but i can tell you from my experience the other stuff will work pretty good.

No Circles
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Must be getting senile. Appreciate the feedback. My wife's new Ottrot (around 5/1) will make my Rabobank Master X Lite look like a junker and she is a far better roadie than I am so I need all the help I can get. It is not cool to drop a chain on a shift. I will try the CT (expensive try) and may get a 34 ring in an effort to keep up