PDA

View Full Version : Props to Bonktown Customer Service

stackie
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Here goes. I bought a couple of the Mavic M10 cassettes from Bonktown last Dec. Supposedly, good for Shimano 9 or 10, depending on spacers per the Bonktown ad. Well, I tried to put them on today. No go. Check manual. Doh, Campy only! Shot off an email to Bonktown today. Got a UPS tag a couple of hours later. Owned up to their mistake, no hassle.

Definitely a feel good interaction.

Jon

false_Aest
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, they're great.

If only they'd stop selling tri and running gear on their site . . . .

I mean that company has a website for every other sport. . .

rugbysecondrow
06-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Here goes. I bought a couple of the Mavic M10 cassettes from Bonktown last Dec. Supposedly, good for Shimano 9 or 10, depending on spacers per the Bonktown ad. Well, I tried to put them on today. No go. Check manual. Doh, Campy only! Shot off an email to Bonktown today. Got a UPS tag a couple of hours later. Owned up to their mistake, no hassle.

Definitely a feel good interaction.

Jon

This is good to hear as I bought the same cassete for a Shimano 10sp project coming up next month...looks like I will be testy their customer service department agian.

Thanks,

Paul

chuckred
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I've bought a couple of things through their sister sites - Tramdock and chainlove. Have always been surprised at how fast things came. Once a part was missing from a purchase, sent an email and the missing piece showed up within a couple of days.

I'd have no problem recommending them...

Volant
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I recently purchased one of those Camelbak Staminas (hip hydration holder) and the one I received was obviously a previous return because one of the bottles had been used. They made it right and covered all shipping expenses for replacements. A+ for customer service.