PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this thread

zap
04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6013

So what are your thoughts?

Sandy
04-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I know what I think. I think that I better get my bike checked again. No one has yet been able to determine the origin of the clicking sound I sometime get when off the saddle or when in the saddle under high torque or power (high for me). I have had it to the shop several times, to no avail.

I was riding with the infamous Dan L on Wednesday and my bike started making a different clicking sound which quickly changed into a creaking sound as I was climbing, especially on steep hills, one of which was about 13 percent, according to some cyclists. The noise seemed to go away. But under higher torque, it sounded as if the creaking noise was coming from the front end somewhere.

Now I have a bike just like me, as it clicks, creaks, and groans, expecially up steep hills.

Thanks for the initial post. I think.

Starving Sandy

Please say hello to Zip for me.

Kevan
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Could it be that that noise is coming from the lone marble rolling back and forth between those two ears of yours? Think about it... you're struggling up a hill the marble rolls to your left, "Clack!", then with the next pedal stroke, slowly rolls to your right, "Clunk!" Back and forth again.

I think that's it, but I just can't explain the sound difference between the left and right. I think we're getting closer to solving this problem of yours.

Jeff Weir
04-01-2005, 11:20 AM
The sound difference you are referring to is due to ear wax. 500cc's of hydrogen peroxide injected into the ear canal with a syringe should clear that problem up.

pbbob
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
8th hottest bike of 2005

flydhest
04-01-2005, 02:42 PM
8th hottest bike of 2005

LOL