PDA

View Full Version : OT - Heat Rash

bzbvh5
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Each Texas Summer, I lather on the SPF 50 of one brand of sun cream and though I don't burn, my arms and legs get big red bumps on them and itch like mad. It goes away about an hour after I'm back in the house and bathed.

I tried a different brand of SPF 50 cream and it's much better but not perfect.

My question is: are heat rashes more a chemical reaction with the cream. If so, can someone recommend a hypoallergenic brand of cream that eliminates the rash?

JMerring
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
can't answer your first question but we use blue lizard (http://www.crownlaboratories.com/bluelizard/index.html) with my kids (18 mo and 4 yrs), both of whom are fairly allergic, but none of whom have had any adverse reaction to the stuff. it can be hard to find but is top notch.

RADaines
06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Do you only get the rash when using sunscreen?

uno-speedo
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM

good question. my friends wife from england forgot her sunscreen and bought an american product to which she developed a rash. it could be something in the sunscreen product you're using.

i use a high spf sunblock from neutrogena and it seems to have cured my mild heat rash that appears on my arms.

palincss
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
It sure does sound like a reaction to the sunscreen, doesn't it?

bzbvh5
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't think so. When I was a child I got a really bad sun burn so I don't go outside without it if I plan on being out for a good lenth of time. I know when I'm out for 10 or 15 minutes without sun screen I don't get the rash.