PDA

View Full Version : car rampage in San Francisco (driver bent on mowing people down)

pdmtong
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Hit-run driver leaves a trail of terror in S.F.
(06-03) 18:54 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The grim numbers for the car-vs.-bicycles rampage in San Francisco tell only part of the story.

Three neighborhoods invaded by one car Wednesday night with a driver bent on mowing people down. Four bicyclists left sprawled on the pavement. Six minutes from start to finish, from first victim to last.

Read more (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/04/MNE41DPBIK.DTL)

tch
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
...to see such hostility. Usually, anger is a quick emotion and recedes after the first explosion ("oh my god, what have I done?"). This seems like a pretty cold-blooded attack.
Sad.

vqdriver
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
whoa.....

watch out for copy cats. my impression is that there's a lot of pent up anger out there.

Nil Else
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
If you read comment sections of many of these reports (not this particular one... at least not yet) there's always two sides: irate cycling community vs the others with some strong feeling towards cyclists on the road. When I'm out riding often there's palpable conflict. I often hear/over-hear some very hostile comments toward cyclist be it friends, family, co-workers, local bars or restaurants in vacation towns. It's like urinating in the rain or talking politics/religion or worse irate them even more when tell these people about what came first, the law and share the road idea. We all know well but 'if you can't keep up with the flow of traffic get off the road', not stopping at stops/lights, and riding in the middle of the road/ riding 2 or 3 abreast and making no effort to get out of the way are the major things that riles them up... oh and the colorful outfits.

I'm feeling it that soon there will some kind of national news that will put this issue on the table... whether it'll be good or bad for us cycling community I don't know. Whether political climate influences this issue one way or another and this happening in Cisco tells us what, I don't know. But this issue sure have been creeping up for a while. Let's hope they catch this guy.

rugbysecondrow
06-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Hit-run driver leaves a trail of terror in S.F.
(06-03) 18:54 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The grim numbers for the car-vs.-bicycles rampage in San Francisco tell only part of the story.

Three neighborhoods invaded by one car Wednesday night with a driver bent on mowing people down. Four bicyclists left sprawled on the pavement. Six minutes from start to finish, from first victim to last.

Read more (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/04/MNE41DPBIK.DTL)

I would disagree with your cars Vs. bicycles title because that is inaccurate.

What is accurate is that this driver is using his car as a weapon, the same way the DC Sniper used a rifle. Terrorism? probably, but certainly not a Cars Vs. Bicyclists issue.

anomaly
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
An arrest has been made
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/04/BAHH1DQ6Q4.DTL&tsp=1