PDA

View Full Version : Getting the original build sheet.

bobswire
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi I recently purchased a 2007 Serotta CDA from another forum member and was wondering if it's possible to get the original spec. sheet from Serotta?

Thanks,
Bob

SoCalSteve
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I believe if you send Serotta an email with the serial number, if they have the build sheet in their computer, they will send you a PDF of it.

If it is NOT in their computer system, then you are out of luck. They do not have the man power to look through their paper files for a particular build sheet.

I do believe though that you will have success as 2007 is recent enough.

Good luck!

Steve

David Kirk
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Is it a stock or custom? If stock you should be able to find a copy of the catalog with all the important numbers.

dave

bobswire
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I send info and ser# I have to Serotta.

SoCalSteve
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Is it a stock or custom? If stock you should be able to find a copy of the catalog with all the important numbers.

dave

You can tell if it custom if there is a "C" as the first character in the serial number. If there isn't, the "stock" number will be first, ie; 56 XXXX

If that is the case, its just a matter of finding a Serotta geometry chart.

bobswire
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
You can tell if it custom if there is a "C" as the first character in the serial number. If there isn't, the "stock" number will be first, ie; 56 XXXX

If that is the case, its just a matter of finding a Serotta geometry chart.

Yep, it shows CDC 54 XXX

henrypretz
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I got the build sheet (.pdf) from Serotta for my (new to me) 2004 CIII. I'm so appreciative for their efforts. I had sent an email previously and got a very polite "we have enough to do here without digging around for your info" stock reply. I was graciously persistent and was rewarded with the goods. I'm happy to know more about my bike, which is also a custom like yours. I actually bought it as a 2005 (no matter), and found out who the original dealer was (so I can speak with them, as well, if need be)
..... and when I yearn for a new bike you can bet that I'll remember the effort put forth and look at Serotta first.

Henry

bobswire
06-04-2010, 04:13 PM
The good folks at Serotta sent me a copy of original frame specs. :banana:
Thanks!