PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Phinney Options...

William
06-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Two years in a row winneing the under 23 Paris-Roubaix, World Track Pursuit title, and riding for Livestrong/Trek with the option to move up onto the Radio Shack team with Lance. Seems like Taylor has a bright future....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phinney-open-to-joining-armstrong-as-a-stagiaire

Depending on how all the recent Floyd business does or does not effect Lance and the RS team of course.

Regardless, it's great to see the Phinney's son being so successful.

William

William

1centaur
06-03-2010, 05:08 AM
RadioShack is a rumored LBO target for a big private equity firm. PE firms love to cut costs. Wonder if they're cycling fans.

wasfast
06-03-2010, 05:46 AM
It's not hard to imagine RadioShack's sponsorship deal ending with Lance's exit which isn't far off.

keevon
06-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Yes, but I'm sure Bruyneel and Co. will carry on in some capacity after Lance's second retirement. That is, assuming Johan doesn't get bored... or he isn't tied to all that Postal nonsense.

I like Phinney for Garmin. JV needs him.

rockdude
06-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Yes, but I'm sure Bruyneel and Co. will carry on in some capacity after Lance's second retirement. That is, assuming Johan doesn't get bored... or he isn't tied to all that Postal nonsense.

I like Phinney for Garmin. JV needs him.

I bet Taylor would like that. Locally based.....

oldpotatoe
06-03-2010, 07:39 AM
I bet Taylor would like that. Locally based.....

JV actually had Taylor but a huge amount of $ sent Taylor to Livestrong along with Axel Merckx...I know one of the former JV swammies, now in the Armstrong camp.