PDA

View Full Version : This is a neat place

shinomaster
04-01-2005, 04:10 AM
If you are a weight weenie like Alembical and need to know how many ounces your new fsa superlight cranks will shave off your caad 4..ha ha. Or to convert your 880 gram Scott frame to pounds...Sick.. HAve fun..

Shino, who just found out his friend in Boston sells Scott bicycles.....Hmmmmm

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/weights_and_measures/index?p=weight_and_mass

William
04-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Oh, I though you said this was a great "meat" place. I was going to say, go talk to Sandy on that one.

Who is this "Scott", and why is he selling his bike? :rolleyes: What has put Scott frames on the radar? Weren't they kinda scoffed at not too long ago?

William

scottfa
04-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Actually, you can use Google to the same conversions.
Just type it in!
Example: "12 pounds to grams" will do the conversion.
Here is the answer : 12 pounds = 5 443.10844 grams
If you do this a lot (I do) you can load up the Google Deskbar and have it available whenever you want to convert quantities or just search.

Rich_W
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
tell me about it Shino.... :p

I'm already working on some little doo-dads for more weight reduction on my CR1. Cutting down the excess on the 350 ritchey post... some ti bolts here and there... Pedalsoft 'cirque' lockring.

Not much else I can do with it without sacrificing ride and durability. Nokons are for the birds... I won't switch to a foo-foo saddle, or superlight tires. I rode those Zero-G brakes... and they just don't compare to the feel of Record.

But as a self-admitted semi-weenie... that frikking bike climbs like a bat out of hell... those A/C carbon wheels in combo with DMT flash, Keo Tis... spin like pushing balloons... my averages on my regular loops are up significantly. I feel a little guilty for doing non-event riding on those silly wheels... but they've been bulletproof so far (500 miles and counting).

Overall... feeling better this season than ever... gonna be 40 in june.

:banana:

BumbleBeeDave
04-01-2005, 10:05 AM
. . . Scott was always popular in Europe. They just pulled a "Fiat" and left these shores for a while after things didn't go well . . .

BBDave

Rich_W
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Its no Serotta... and I'm already itching for another... (or is that I forgot to the chamois cream yesterday...) regardless. Totally differnt virtues, and a totally different project... The bike rocks for what it is.

Plus, I peeled off the "Made in Taiwan" sticker off the BB... :banana:

BURCH
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Actually, you can use Google to the same conversions.
Just type it in!
Example: "12 pounds to grams" will do the conversion.
Here is the answer : 12 pounds = 5 443.10844 grams
If you do this a lot (I do) you can load up the Google Deskbar and have it available whenever you want to convert quantities or just search.

Google even does the conversion to stones, an English unit of weight that always baffled me. I finally know that 14 pounds = 1 stone. I will have to drink a good English Ale tonight to celebrate this knowledge.

wasfast
04-01-2005, 10:48 AM
If you are a weight weenie like Alembical and need to know how many ounces your new fsa superlight cranks will shave off your caad 4..ha ha. Or to convert your 880 gram Scott frame to pounds...Sick.. HAve fun..

or, forget all the conversion nonsense and just to the weight weenies site and get the direct values:-)

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

Gary