PDA

View Full Version : President of Serotta...and I have found him very responsive to us Forumites

Pete Serotta
05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
additionally he comes from a strong cycling and customer service background.

The plans and projects that I have seen him and the team developing and implementing have really impressed me and my belief in the brand.

Yeah we all know that I am very biased. Hope that you get a chance to meet him in the future.

Pete :cool: You will like him also!!!!

Stan Mavis, President
Serotta
41 Geyser Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

fourflys
05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
I had the chance to talk with Stan at the San Diego show, I had no idea who he was and you would have never known he was who he is just by talking to him... by that, I mean he was very down to earth and answered all my questions, regardless of how trivial they were...

CNY rider
05-29-2010, 06:32 PM
I had the chance to talk with Stan at the San Diego show, I had no idea who he was and you would have never known he was who he is just by talking to him... by that, I mean he was very down to earth and answered all my questions, regardless of how trivial they were...

I met him in a similar way at the Owners Club Weekend.
Just ogling bikes and struck up a conversation.
Introduced myself, he did the same and then I realized that I was talking to El Presidente!
I think good things are going to happen in Saratoga. I really want to see what they do with Etxe Ondo.

Pete Serotta
06-01-2010, 06:08 AM
To the loyal users of and contributors to the Serotta forum-
As you may have heard, my wife Bonnie and I recently joined the Serotta family. I have known Ben since the early 90’s when we were both sponsors of the Coors Light Cycling Team. I have worked in many facets of the cycling industry since then, but Ben and I have always kept in touch. Then last year, after countless conversations, it became clear Bonnie and I had an incredible opportunity to help lead the Serotta brand, which has both a storied history and tremendous potential for the future.
Since relocating to Saratoga, we have been welcomed with open arms and I’m pleased to report many of the great things happening with the brand. We have a terrific team at the company and Ben has been freed up to focus once again on the product side of the business with exciting new products for 2011 to be launched later this calendar year. In addition, Serotta is now exceeding all previous standards of custom bike-building quality and efficiency. We are strengthening our dealer network and starting this summer, we will be the exclusive US distributors of Catlike helmets and ETXEONDO performance cycling apparel; creating a similarly positioned collection of prestige “Founder” brands. Under the leadership of Director of Applied Cycling Science Paraic McGlynn and Executive Director Kathy Krumme, the Serotta International Cycling Institute (SICI) continues to grow and thrive.
We want to thank you for your continued support of Ben and the Serotta brand. Just as we intend to continue to build the world’s finest, custom hand-built bikes, we also intend to maintain this forum as an autonomous platform to discuss all manner of cycling-related topics. We don’t have the bandwidth to check in on the forum all the time, but we do value your feedback so please share it with us.
If you are also part of the Facebook and Twitter social networks, we encourage you to follow us there: http://www.facebook.com/SerottaSport and http://twitter.com/serottasport. We’re also regularly updating our new blog and news feeds on the re-launched www.serotta.com. Please stop by for a visit.
Thanks for all your support!

Sincerely,
Stan Mavis, President

Smiley
06-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Google Stan Mavis and you will see the dude is in the runners hall of fame, so the guy is a stud athlete from way back when.

Here's a capsule of an interview with Stan via email:

Can you give me a short history lesson on your running career?

I grew up in Indiana and started running when I was trotting home from the community basketball courts one summer night before my freshman year in high school. The head basketball/cross country coach pulled up beside me and asked, "Are you Mavis?" I stammered back, "y, y, yes." He said, "You are going out for cross country!" I ran the rest of the way home and asked my father what cross country was. I ended up the Indiana state cross country champ.

In 1973, I went to Michigan State on a running scholarship. Spartan great Herb Lindsay overshadowed me in the longer events. I garnered points in the mile (4:02.6) and made it to nationals several times. In East Lansing, running super stars, Cheryl and Steve Flanagan decided to open a running store, Frank Shorter Sports and hired Herb and I to work there.

My career in the sporting goods industry was born thanks to Frank and Steve. I ended up moving to Boulder, Colorado to manage the Frank Shorter stores. I also started running longer distances and set an American Record 1:02:16 1/2 Marathon in 1980.

henrypretz
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM
That 62 minute half is almost 1/2 hour faster than mine .... President Stan would have been showered and fed by the time I finished :)
Runners are (generally) really nice people.

I actually got to meet Frank Shorter at a local 10K race many, many years ago (he pulled the old "don't I know you" line on my wife :rolleyes: )