PDA

View Full Version : Paypal money transfers?

daker13
05-29-2010, 06:52 AM
I recently sold a frame on ebay and the buyer has no feedback. He paid me immediately and seems like a nice guy, but I seem to remember something about some scam artists getting their money back even after it shows up in the seller's paypal account. Given that it takes 3-4 days for the money to transfer from a paypal account to a regular bank account, when do people usually ship out the goods?

d.

Blastinbob
05-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Ship when it's been paid into your paypal account, paypal will pull it out of your bank account if they want to. Ship to the confirmed address and keep the tracking number and any correspondence with the buyer, just in case paypal ask for it in a dispute.

gone
05-29-2010, 09:06 AM
If you do a few paypal transactions, create a bank account specifically for that linked to your paypal. Transfer the money from paypal and withdraw it from the bank when it arrives. Good luck paypal trying to pull it back :D

StellaBlue
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Ship when it's been paid into your paypal account, paypal will pull it out of your bank account if they want to. Ship to the confirmed address and keep the tracking number and any correspondence with the buyer, just in case paypal ask for it in a dispute.

This is most important,,,

SoCalSteve
05-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I recently sold a frame on ebay and the buyer has no feedback. He paid me immediately and seems like a nice guy, but I seem to remember something about some scam artists getting their money back even after it shows up in the seller's paypal account. Given that it takes 3-4 days for the money to transfer from a paypal account to a regular bank account, when do people usually ship out the goods?

d.

The buyer has to prove to PayPal that he deserves his money back. He also has to return the item to you before you agree to giving him his refund. Once he has paid you, you can ship...

Just remember to use a service that offers a direct signature. And pay the extra $$ to have it. This way you are covered on all bases...fedex and ups are the best for this and tracking, tracking numbers, etc.

Doesn't matter that it's transferred to your bank account...pay pal can freeze your pay pal account for that amount of money until it's resolved...

dannyg1
05-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Direct Signature confirmation is key, as many have said, but so is insurance on items above $250 and full parcel tracking. Pack the frame well and photograph it as you go (and when you're done), just in case an insurance claim becomes necessary.

As for the zero feedback buyer, you can wait out the four days you're concerned about without risking anything of consequence.

retrogrouchy
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM

d.

I suspect this will turn out fine, if you require a signiture when the box is delivered, and document/photograph what you shipped. Please update us after the transaction has been fully completed....

markie
06-01-2010, 09:56 PM
On top of all the great advice about sig confirmation, ask the guy to call you on the phone. You'll have a nice five minute chat about bikes and you will feel more comfortable. Either that or you'll realize it is dodgy.