PDA

View Full Version : WTT/ WTS Negative G TI calipers

Hank Scorpio
05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
I have a set of Ciamillo Negative G TI calipers I would like to trade for some late model Black Record, Mavic SSC SL brakes or something similar. I have only one bike so I need to be able to change between metal and carbon pads easily and an extra set of backing plates for the Neg G's are $95.

I would also be willing to sell the calipers outright for $175 plus shipping if there are no trade offers.

Thanks
James

atanz
05-27-2010, 11:12 AM
what type of brake pads are mounted now?

Hank Scorpio
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Right now I have Reynolds carbon specific pad but I will slide in some normal pads for metal wheels before shipment.

kgreene10
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Hank, why not just use the carbon pads year 'round whether with carbon or alu wheels? I do with my Swisstop pads and they work >90% as well on alu as the DA pads.

Peter B
05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
No need to buy the $90 Ciamillo holders. Jagwire replacement pad holders will fit those calipers. And they're pretty cheap.

Hank Scorpio
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I thought that alu pads picked up small pieces of rim as they wore down that would tear up the carbon braking surface?

I tried a set of jagwire prolite shoes and they didnt work. Any idea on what model I should try next?

kgreene10
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought that alu pads picked up small pieces of rim as they wore down that would tear up the carbon braking surface?

I think that's correct, so I just run a small piece of sandpaper over the pads a few times before I go from alu to carbon rims. I started out changing the pads each time I changed wheels, and quickly got tired of doing it that way. The sandpaper solution was recommended to me by a teammate and seems to work fine.

Hank Scorpio
05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Sounds good I will give it a try. I was down at the LBS and I couldn't find and shoes that would fit without slightly modifying the arms.

T.J.
05-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I think that's correct, so I just run a small piece of sandpaper over the pads a few times before I go from alu to carbon rims. I started out changing the pads each time I changed wheels, and quickly got tired of doing it that way. The sandpaper solution was recommended to me by a teammate and seems to work fine.

I hate changing my pads out as well. Buy with that being said, I would be afraid to do the sand paper thing. While you are taking sharp points off any metal what is embedded (spl?) in the bad will be exposed as the pad wears. Just a thought

Peter B
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Sounds good I will give it a try. I was down at the LBS and I couldn't find and shoes that would fit without slightly modifying the arms.

I'll post the Jagwire model I'm using later this evening. You can always use another brand of pad too.

eacolin
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
What are the SSC SL brakes? I only know of the SSC ones:
http://www.mavic.com/road/products/ssc-brakes.M70037.3.aspx

-Colin

Hank Scorpio
05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
You are correct no SL model.