PDA

View Full Version : first flower

pbbob
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
inspired by the spring insect thread here is the spring flower report. on todays am ride saw the first forsythia blooming, the first daffodils today and some other tiny white and purple flowers. the tulips are coming up good the cherry blossoms will be out real soon and in a few days I'll till the soil for this years pumpkin patch. spring is here and daylight savings starts soon. this is a good time of year in maryland.

PanTerra
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Daylight savings is like Christmas for this cyclist! WOOOHOOO. We have a rally in 2 weeks that takes us through some of the most dense areas of bluebonnet fields and hillsides.

flydhest
03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
yeah, I'm heading out a bit early to take a spin in the lovely sunshine. mid '60s, baby.

weisan
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Yes! After some old-fashion "soiling & toiling" during winter/spring, we are seeing some of the first fruits yesterday and today. The roses are opening up which makes the Wife really happy. And when the Wife is real happy, I am real happy, you know what I mean. ;)

Skrawny
03-30-2005, 06:57 PM
The day before Easter I was riding along Hwy 1 by Muir Beach and came across a solitary white lily sitting in a patch of sunlight underneath a cypress tree. What an image! I wish I had my camera with me.
-s

bcm119
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
One of the surprising things about Oregon (to me) is how early spring arrives. Granted this may be an early spring because of the stretch of warmth we had, but our daffodils are already wilting, and its tulip time! Forsythia is out, magnolias are out, trees are leafing out, grass needs mowing, etc.

The most amazing thing is that here in Corvallis we're at the same latitude as Burlington VT! You can blame the ocean for making it rain every day, but it sure keeps us mild.