PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about my Serotta?

doobliebop
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I recently picked up a Serotta Colorado II at a swap meet. I'm trying to find out when it was made along with any more information about it.

The serial on the bottom is:
SC58

I wrote Lindsey Gratton at Serotta customer service, but she said she was unable to help me as she didn't have access to the records. (Maybe I wrote the wrong person?) I'd appreciate any information.
-Ryan

David Kirk
05-24-2010, 01:48 PM
It's a stock 58 Colorado (Stock Colorado) and was the 1772nd Colorado made.

that's all I got.

Any idea of the year it was made?

dave

doobliebop
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately, no. That's what I'm hoping to find out... :)

dave thompson
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I *think* Serotta started to serial number different models with unique prefixes, in your case SC, in the early 90s. Before that all of their bikes were sequentially numbered with no designators in the serial number as to model.

The Colorado II was their top-tier bike, the "flagship of our line" as they said in the 1992 catalog. IIRC, the Colorado II became the Legend and then the CSi in the mid-90s.

You've got a pretty low serial number and I'd guess your bike is from the very late 80s or early 90s.

Paper records from that era are long-gone.

Pete Serotta
05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
No idea of when made nor which dealer placed the order. Dave Kirk is right on about the other information. Dave, thanks for replying.

When is the open house in Montana.... :beer:

Mr. Squirrel
05-24-2010, 02:58 PM
...that wheels can be removed very easily. they are tough. and a crash replacement policy is not a bad idea in my area. where do you ride?

mr. squirrel

Pete Serotta
05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
...that wheels can be removed very easily. they are tough. and a crash replacement policy is not a bad idea in my area. where do you ride?

mr. squirrel
:bike: :bike: Watch for them :)

doobliebop
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Cool! Thanks for all your replies...

I picked this up to use as a commuter bike. I ride around Denver and Boulder, Colorado. I've already been told that in these "hipster" cities, my bike (or wheels as Mr. Squirrel points out) will be quickly stolen if not closely looked after. Fortunately I can store my bike in the empty cubicle next to me where I can look after it :)