PDA

View Full Version : i saw my first

spiderman
03-30-2005, 11:22 AM
for love or money ad!
great message,
way to go climb!
i guess the same question
could be asked in the cycling community!
must be a kick to get paid for cycling,
but my impression is that
the most successful cyclists
cycle for the love of the sport!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

IXXI
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Yep, I've been seeing it run a lot now too. Doesn't get old either, which is nice.

Also saw your transit campaign (on buses) while in SF last weekend: eg. 'Can a losing coach still be a good coach--www.newbalance.com/vote' Cool way to get people thinking and drive traffic to the site to get them involved with the brand that way.

Climb, who shot the spot--any others planned?

my2cents
03-30-2005, 12:29 PM
climb,

i didn't know you were a part of this campaign. Are the 'lost', 'found', 'wanted' signs on our bulletin boards also from you (or is someone reacting to your campaign and finding their own motivation/way to comment on the theme)?

I suspect you might be invovled because of the reference on one of them to cycling and waiting for your competitor to get back on his bike.

anyway, i think the campaign is liked by us R&D people in Lawrence.

i'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Climb01742
03-30-2005, 01:04 PM
IXXI--sam bayer shot the spots. he's awesome.

my2cents, yes, we did the "lost" posters too. i'm glad you guys like it. i think the campaign has a lot of legs. i think it's very true to who you are as a company and sets NB apart. time -- and the grace of the powers that be in brighton ;) -- will tell where the campaign goes.

my2cents
03-30-2005, 01:59 PM
looking at the headline in the globe today regarding a new reebok campaign (haven't read the article yet), the NB 'difference' seems more pronounced than ever.

what size are you?

Smiley
03-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Welcome back My2cents , when are you coming to DC again and will U have time to ride slow with us !

Climb01742
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
i'm 11.5 2E. (psst, any chance there's a spare pair of 766s oh, just, you know, hanging around? :beer: )

2cents, do you ever ride down near concord?

my2cents
03-30-2005, 02:41 PM
smiley - i have been here all along - I've just stopped posting. I read the threads everyday. DC visit - just back from taking the family to orlando (the boys turned 4 and 2 this past march) for 2 weeks, so now vacations planned until the family trip to stowe VT this summer. I have been doing some research with the military and have been visiting bases around the country -- i might head to annapolis in the next few months (the midshipmen all get NB upon entering the academy), but I doubt i would bring a bike with me; i would be dependent on 'others' ;)

climb - i live in north andover. i try to do the cycleloft saturday morning rides but that is as far south as i get nowadays. if and when i make to the loft for the rides, look for me in the slow group this spring (worst shape of my life this year!). have you ever tried the loft ride?

11.5 2E -- ouch tough size! i don't test that size too often (and therefore rarely have shoes in that size left over regardless of style). I have zero 766s - I can't even get them for the marine base commanders who run the recruit stations (marines are switching to all NB) - manufacturing can't keep up on that model rigth now (but I do have a pair for myself - in fact, being sample size, I have a pair of just about every model we make!) I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Len J
03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
for love or money ad!
great message,
way to go climb!
i guess the same question
could be asked in the cycling community!
must be a kick to get paid for cycling,
but my impression is that
the most successful cyclists
cycle for the love of the sport!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

as do I.......but the best reaction was from my 25 YO daugter (Who is a sports nut).......

Her: Dad, Have you ever used New Balance shoes?
Me: Yea, great shoes.....plus you can fit them to the type of foot you have. Why do you ask?
Her: I saw an ad on The NCAA tournament that was way cool....for love or money or something like that, and it really made me curious......sounds like a company I'd like.

If that was what you were going for....you hit the HR.

And to think I knew you when, Climb.

Len

Climb01742
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
len, thanks! i hope there are a few million like your daughter out there. ;)

weisan
03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow! What encouragement you are getting, Climb-pal. That's the extra special perks of the job which is not factored into the paycheck. Now, where did that "Donate to Serotta forum" button go? Chi-ching (cash register) :banana:

andy mac
04-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I've always liked that thought. i really liked it when goodby used it years ago too (for umbro I believe.)

'99% of the world don't play for a contract' etc.

Dr. Doofus
04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
get me into advertising climb....

no, wait....

I'd be the george/larry at all the meetings

scratch that