PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Custom Paint Shop

Keith A
03-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Anyone else notice that the CSi isn't listed in the Serotta Custom Paint Shop? They have the brand new Nove, but no CSi???

Keith A
03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Another paint question...Does anyone know how close Saphire Blue is to Big Boy Blue? I was looking at Jeff Hall's new Ottrott which is painted Saphire Blue and based on this picture, it looks really close to Big Boy Blue. Has anyone seen both these colors in person?

Serotta PETE
03-30-2005, 01:31 PM
THe blues are close. I had a BB Blue and repaint was saphire. Very vrey close.

As to CSIm they are still being built. Kelly just built two very nice ones that are posted on the forum,.

Keith A
03-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I knew the CSi's were still being built, I just found it odd that the CSi was the only frame missing from the Paint Shop.

As for the blues, how would you describe the difference between the two? If I had to guess, I would say the sapphire is just a slightly lighter shade of the BBB.

Finally, where are the pictures of the CSi's you are referring to? I didn't see anything on the forum???

Blastinbob
03-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Keith, it's possible that they chose not to place it there because the software won't allow you to do a contrasting ht, which I think is what most people want.

bcm119
03-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I think Jeff Hall's Ottrott looks a tiny bit over-exposed, (not to say it isn't a spectacular looking bike) or maybe Sapphire blue is a little brighter on carbon tubes. Sapphire is a tough color to capture in a photo. Heres my sapphire cIII photo from the gallery, I spent a while tweaking it in PS to get the color accurate.

I think I remember dbrk making some sort of statement about Big Boy Blue vs Sapphire, but that was a long time ago and I forgot what he said, other than he liked BBB better. You might try a search.