PDA

View Full Version : wcs bars

shinomaster
03-30-2005, 01:33 AM
I just got my ritchey wcs stem from colorado cyclist on special, and now i'm wondering if I should have gotten the bars too..I have deda 215's and love the flat transition from my campy hoods to the tops. CAn a similar flat transition be achieved with ritchey bars? The ritchey pro bars I have on an older bike have a slight dip to the hoods. Is the wcs version any different?

Shino

Dr. Doofus
03-30-2005, 08:18 AM
foodderonohrey likes the wcs bendy bars...and is probably the only one who does....and despite the jerk's claim that the only people who like anatomic bars arethose who don't ride in the drops, foodrey rides in the drops most of the time and feels the bendy section on the ritchey's is good for that

anyway -- weisan is wrong about doof vs. jerk. jerk would kill yerrdoof. doofyerr is thinking about a holiday in boston later this summer so the wife can see the muvsevms, food can go to the fens, she can do some shopping, yerfodor can ride with the jerk and the elli-man and puke while trying to keep up with them during the warm up....

Birddog
03-30-2005, 08:21 AM
I have the WCS ergo w/ Record 10, and I don't really like them that much. There are many reasons for this, and one is the downward ramp to the hoods, but I like my drops parallel to the ground. If I rotated them up a little, they would be better on top, but even worse on the drops. I'm about to swear off "ergo" bends, I just got to where I don't like them. I'm going to try Nitto Noodles next. Her's a link that may give you some help. In the following picture, the 215's look a little flatter on top to me.

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=7&major=1&minor=15

Birddog

coylifut
03-30-2005, 08:57 AM
the pro and wcs have the exact same bend. I have both

dave thompson
03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
You might have a look at the Bontrager 'Flat Top' bars. Similar bends to the WCS, but with the drops parallel to the ground, they are pretty flat all the way across the tops to the hoods.

Rich_W
03-30-2005, 10:04 AM
me loves WCS classic's rotated upwards like a freak.

:banana:

but the tops are almost... but not quite flat mated to ergos. Reference the plastic photo.

Climb01742
03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
doofyerr is thinking about a holiday in boston later this summer so the wife can see the muvsevms, food can go to the fens, she can do some shopping, yerfodor can ride with the jerk and the elli-man and puke while trying to keep up with them during the warm up....

good doc, there are many here in beantown who'd be more than happy to help you puke. all you gotta do is ask. ;)

weisan
03-30-2005, 10:59 AM
anyway -- weisan is wrong about doof vs. jerk. jerk would kill yerrdoof.

doof-my-man, you can't possibly give up like that. I already thrown in a good sum of money betting on your eventual win. I am counting on that windfall to upgrade to my new Nago C-50 or the ParleeZoomZoom.

Always remember, it's all in the head. Besides the Jerk-man is way past his prime, the only fuel he's got is the left-over beer that BostonDrunk accidentally knock off the table when he attempts a swipe at the Jerk but the Jerk's long ape-like-definitely-museum-specimen-grade arm was holding him off by his forehead. The drunk is lucky this time the Jerk-man showed him mercy in not using his patented beck-geer-muzzle-tonsil-intravaneous noodlebar twist, that would be the end of BD's legacy.

If everything else fails, as the last resort, pump that old plastic gas dispenser nozzle you've got in the backyard into the Jerk-man's $6K ADA wheelset. He won't stand a chance, NO WAY!!!

alembical
03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Shino,
I have a hard time believing that you have WCS Stem. I sure haven't seen it. :p

Alembical

PsyDoc
03-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Ritchey redesigned the WCS anatomic bars so that the bend is a regular "straight" section and does not have that camel's hump in it. Most retailers are still trying to get rid of old stock, but if you can get your LBS to order one from QBP, then you will get the new design...according to Ritchey. You can see the difference in the attached photos.

shinomaster
03-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I actually like being in the drops of the Ritchey bars more than the Dedas, But I like the tops better on the Dedas...Hmmmm..

Alembical I just got another wcs stem..and so should you! ha ha...

alembical
03-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Shino,
Why would I get another WCS stem? I already have one and the one that I have was free. :banana:

Alembical

FierteTi52
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I have the Deda 215's on my Fierte Ti and the top transitions nicely into the brake hoods. I have the Ritchey WCS on my cross bike and really like the bumps. Too bad in my opinion they are changing the design.
Jeff