PDA

View Full Version : Tour of California on VS

RADaines
05-17-2010, 04:14 PM
VS is re-braodcasting Stage 1 of the TOC, does anyone know what's up? Why are they not showing Stage 2? :crap: TIA

bagochips3
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
It's raining and the planes/helicopters can't fly, so no pictures to show of the current stage.

RADaines
05-17-2010, 04:25 PM
It's raining and the planes/helicopters can't fly, so no pictures to show of the current stage.

Thank you. What a bummer, I raced home from work for nothing.

pdmtong
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
even worse for me sice I am in PST time zone...now I have to actually work instead of "muli-tasking" at my desk

nbrewste
05-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Cameras on motos can't broadcast without a plane in the sky?

The TOC is world class tour -- one would think rain and fog would have been planned for.

Oh well.

SoCalSteve
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Cameras on motos can't broadcast without a plane in the sky?

The TOC is world class tour -- one would think rain and fog would have been planned for.

Oh well.

Actually, my understanding is that the cameras on the back of the motorcycles actually beam the signal to the helicopters...then that signal gets beamed to wherever the base camp-broadcast trucks are set up.

And, they did plan to NOT have rain or fog...That's why the dates were changed from earlier in the year! :argue:

And they say it never rains in CA....

Alan
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I was watching live. See cyclingfans.com. Yesterday I watched the Giro and TOC live on the internet. Quite a day.

Alan