PDA

View Full Version : I have sipped the kool-aid

mnoble485
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
and it is good! I have waited a few weeks to post a ride report ( pictures when I recieve my wrap from Ray) on my new to me CDA. I went into immediate buyers remorse when I clicked the send button on Paypal to complete the transaction with Petitlilpettite. I wondered how this frame could be better than my Ti Lemond, what was the big deal with Serotta anyway,no frame could really be that different etc.

When the frame arrived I was pleasantly supprised at the packing(thanks James) and took it to my LBS to swap the parts off the Lemond. Two days later I picked up the bike and have put about 400 miles on.

This thing ROCKS! It is the "quietest" bike I have ever been on. I now understand what many of you have been saying about quality,finish and all the little things(chain hanger etc.) that make a Serotta truely a great bike.

As for the ride, I believe I am one gear better than I was and my riding buddies say I "fit" on this bike better than anything I have had before.

I know that I am preaching to the choir but I just wanted to thank you guys for singing loud enough so that even I could hear.

Mike

dancinkozmo
05-16-2010, 07:29 PM
...pic please :)

congrats !

BumbleBeeDave
05-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Some pics would be real nice!

BBD

dave thompson
05-16-2010, 08:00 PM
No pics....it doesn't exist!

thwart
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
It is the "quietest" bike I have ever been on. That's been my experience with the two modern Serottas I've owned (CDA, Colorado III). Absolutely the coolest, calmest ride of any bikes I own. Oozing quality.

And, of course, as a result... great all-day bikes.

mnoble485
05-17-2010, 06:15 AM
I hear you about the pictures. I promised James I would post some. I am slightly retentive about this bike and want to make sure it looks "just right".

Forgot to add in the original post that the guys at the LBS (Specialized,Cannondale,Lynsky) all raved about the frame. Build sheet from Serotta (thanks Lyndsy) showed that K Bedford was involved.

Mike

dekindy
05-17-2010, 07:21 AM
If you want to take it to an even higher level doing a tubeless conversion (sorry, Open Pros are not recommended) or purchase some 2-way rims, I recommend the Shimano Dura-Ace 7850SL's. My LBS mechanics tell me that my 7850-SL/Hutchinson equipped Legend is the smoothest riding bike they have ever ridden.

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_58/products_id/481

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_58/products_id/485

Hutchinson also has the Fusion 3 which is the update version of the original road tubeless offering.

endosch2
05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I have an HSG TI and my friend has a Legend TI, we both agree that the best thing about the bikes is the stablity and handling. There is no speed at which the bikes ever feel uncomfortable. The high speed confidence factor is better than any bike I have ever ridden. I am not sure if it is allignment or what but that is what I think is the best thing about the Serotta.

mnoble485
05-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I looked at those wheels but in the interest of marital harmony I went with Neuvations that many of you guys talked about. I am very pleased so far. The shop owner took the CDA for a spin and said it was "the best he had ever worked on". It is all good.

Mike

Fivethumbs
05-18-2010, 01:41 AM
No pics....it doesn't exist!

+1

petitelilpettit
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I would hope it exists, or else the frame is gone forever!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Pettit

Larry
05-18-2010, 10:56 PM
That's been my experience with the two modern Serottas I've owned (CDA, Colorado III). Absolutely the coolest, calmest ride of any bikes I own. Oozing quality.

And, of course, as a result... great all-day bikes.

I rode my Csi for 9 years. Wonderful!
Now ride a Coeur de Acier custom geometry.
The bike feels so well-balanced, and indeed it is a calm sweet ride.
Such a high- quality frame set. Very confident ride.

oldpotatoe
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
If you want to take it to an even higher level doing a tubeless conversion (sorry, Open Pros are not recommended) or purchase some 2-way rims, I recommend the Shimano Dura-Ace 7850SL's. My LBS mechanics tell me that my 7850-SL/Hutchinson equipped Legend is the smoothest riding bike they have ever ridden.

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_58/products_id/481

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_58/products_id/485

Hutchinson also has the Fusion 3 which is the update version of the original road tubeless offering.

Then they have never ridden a set of Campagnolo Record Paves with Clement Seta silks on them. Not surprised.

blschaefer1
05-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Not sure about your CDA, but in my experience most Serotta's are built with an 8cm BB drop, which could contribute in a big way to the increased stability you are noticing. Makes them great on the descents too.