PDA

View Full Version : Houston Framebuilder's Best in Show...

stackie
03-28-2005, 11:44 PM
goes to Sacha White! Perhaps this is old news to some, but I just noticed it on his web journal.

Congratulations!

Check out his site for the journal and pics of what I believe to be the winning bicycle in the touring section. She's a looker! Please don't miss the sweet Vanilla seatpost on the new track bike posted.

The only problem with the Vanilla website is that I want every bike that is on it!

I'm starting to think that I might as well get in line again for another. I don't need another bike, but I'm sure that by the time my number would come up again, I could think up a new one! Actually, I really ought to do a builder's choice since his imagination is so much more than mine!

I'll post some pics of the fixie soon. It's just awaiting one last little piece de resistance.

Stackie

Tom Byrnes
03-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Hi Jon,

Good to hear from you. Yeah, Sacha's Best of Show Award was great. If you do a Search of e-richie posts on the Forum of a few months ago, he mentioned the Show and said some very nice things about Sacha and some of the younger rising stars.

I have the same feeling as you every time I visit Sacha's website: I want to order another bike. he is doing such great work and the design and colors of his bikes are stunning. I look forward to seeing pics of your Vanilla fixie.

Hope you are enjoying your job and life.

Tom

shinomaster
03-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Hey Tom.

Is your Vanilla Orange? I think he showed it to me at his shop before he sent it off to you! Very sweet....

Sacha White
03-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks dudes,

It was a really great time down there, especially considering that it was the first one. I hope to see more of the greats ( Kellogg, weigle, Eisentrout, kvale are some are my favorites) there next year.

The next city to host it will be decided soon. I am sincerely hoping it is portland. I would LOVE to have everybody in my home town. :beer:

Tom Byrnes
03-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Shino,

Nope. Mine's the green touring bike (Touring Bike #1) on Sacha's website. The orange one is really cool with the stainless steel fenders. They're all great.

I hope to be able to do the Tour de Eugene in June and will bring the Vanilla.

Tom

Darrell
03-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Hey Sacha, are you going to Cirque??

Kevan
03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
My daughter just got accepted to the college of her choice.

Some day Sacha...some day.

bags27
03-29-2005, 10:27 AM
congratulations, Kevan. You'll be able to buy a bike again (in about 10 years!). My kid last year got into the school of his dreams and the money is pouring out, but it's certainly worth it.

And congratulations Sacha! As I'm sure like just about everyone at this site, I lust after one of yours, too. But since I own a Kellogg (love it, love it, love it) and am in line for a Weigle, I'm consoled by your list. With college payments (see above) and my principle of having to be personally fitted by the builder (but, looking at your stuff, I'm weakening, I'm weakening), it may take some time. Your visions are really, really deserving.

Sacha White
03-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Darrel, I really want to. What are the dates?

Kevan, congratulations. My daughter just got accepted into 1st grade ;)

Bags, I wish I was in line for a weigle. What is he building for you?

Tom Byrnes
03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Kevan,

Congratulations!! :banana: :banana: :banana: You and your daughter must be very proud and happy.

You mentioned a few schools that she was applying to. Which one was her number one choice? NYU? Columbia?

It's a good thing you bought your beautifully painted :D Serotta before those tuition and room and board payments begin.

Tom

gasman
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Shino,

Nope. Mine's the green touring bike (Touring Bike #1) on Sacha's website. The orange one is really cool with the stainless steel fenders. They're all great.

I hope to be able to do the Tour de Eugene in June and will bring the Vanilla.

Tom

Tom-
It would be wonderful to have your Vanilla join us in Eugene,oh, you are more than welcome to come along also. :D I will be sure to provide lots of shop rags to wipe up all the drool when we see your bike.

Kevan- Congratulations on your daughter getting into her college choice. An education is the one thng we can give our children. I certainly don't have a business empire or fortune to pass along !

Dave

bostondrunk
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Does he offer Jim Lahey lugs?
Congats!

bags27
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Sacha, it'll be a "randonneurring" bike. I so vividly remember that magnificent green one you built with double Schmidt's. Something like that, I think.

Darrell
03-30-2005, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=Sacha White]Darrel, I really want to. What are the dates?

All here http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Cirque.htm
I would love to meet you.
Chew the fat and share a red. :beer:

Sacha White
03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
darrel wrote:

Chew the fat and share a red

Darrel,
Is that what you call twizlers in Australia?

Nora
03-30-2005, 09:07 PM
The next city to host it will be decided soon. I am sincerely hoping it is portland. I would LOVE to have everybody in my home town. :beer:

I would also love it if the next one is in Portland. I miss SE P'town...

musgravecycles
03-31-2005, 09:04 AM
darrel wrote:

Chew the fat and share a red

Darrel,
Is that what you call twizlers in Australia?

Sacha,

I believe that Darrel is refering to a glass (or two) of fine red wine...

Sacha White
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Wine maybe, but fine? Based on the pics from that last bike, he must be buying in bulk. :D

djg
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
My daughter just got accepted to the college of her choice.

Some day Sacha...some day.

Well congratulations to her and her daddy. My eldest is but 7, so there are a few years left in which I can sock away the pennies. Let's see ... three kids ... should be finishing up the undergraduate degrees in about 2023 ... shouldn't cost much more than a couple million bucks by then, right?