PDA

View Full Version : who's on Face Book???

Smiley
05-14-2010, 06:48 PM
If I sign up will u all want to befriend me :)

bostondrunk
05-14-2010, 06:53 PM
you know it, baby.

Keith A
05-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I'll be your friend :D

Ken Robb
05-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm on it in a small way because Leslie kept telling me "you have to see what (fill in the blank) wrote on their wall".

chuckroast
05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
And, there's a Serotta Sport fan page that has pretty much daily updates.

Stewball
05-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm on there. Remember you can block user on FB too! :argue:

Lifelover
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm There!

Lifelover
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm There!

znfdl
05-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Smiley, count me in.

csm
05-15-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm there

Smiley
05-15-2010, 08:30 AM
you know it, baby.

Man if Da Drunk is on I must consider befriending him and my buddy Roy Munson too :)

BumbleBeeDave
05-15-2010, 09:23 AM
. . . though I don't do much except listen to what others are doing. It can be even MORE of a time pit than the forum if you get too involved. :rolleyes:

But if all you guys are experts, perhaps you can answer a few questions . . .

1) I went to the Serotta Sport page but can't find any way to become a fan. There's a button to indicate I like it, but nothing to let me become a fan . . . Does indicating I like it automatically make me a fan?

2) As of a few days ago (apparently when they rolled out the new security features and other changes) there's no longer any button at the bottom of the page in my news feed to look at older posts, no matter whether I'm in "top news" view OR "most recent." Note that it does NOT seem to automatically show me the posts since the last time I logged on. It just goes back to about yesterday and then there's no way to look at anything older. So if I haven't been on there in a couple of days I miss stuff. There's also no way that I can find to scroll backward to, say, last week if I need to access something for reference . . . ???

BBD
BBD

ti_boi
05-15-2010, 09:25 AM
*raises Hand*

1. Fun to see old friends I have not heard from in ages.

2. yes, even check out the old girlfriend or two....(snicker)

3. Put a thought or two out there into space! :hello:

Bruce K
05-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm on there.

Too many folks from HS, College, auto racing, kite flying, cycling, etc. not to be. They're all just too wide spread to keep in touch at all otherwise.

BK

Ray
05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I'm on it too, but in a very limited way. My kids, brother, sister, various extended family members, many old friends, etc are, and its a good way to sort of keep up with what's happening. But its a tough balance, because a lot of those OLD friends are better left in the past, but there was enough connection that I don't want to seem rude by not "friending" them or ignoring them. But so much of the stuff that ends up coming over the transom is just utter crap that I rarely even check in.

OTOH, there are rare gems that make it pretty much worth it. Recently, an old friend from college, who's a pro photographer and gallery owner, unearthed a huge tomb of black and white photos and negatives from our particular group of college friends from 1976-77. Over the course of a couple of weeks of scanning and printing in her spare time, she put up nearly a couple hundred photographs that are an absolute trip to see and to be able to now download and hang onto, at least the 20-30 of them that mean the most to me. Some great memories that I remembered, and some great memories that I'd TOTALLY forgotten about brought back to life. AND, because so many of the folks in the photos are on Facebook, we sort of had a mini-reunion online. Will I stay in touch with most of them? Probably not, but it was still really cool catching up, however briefly and superficially. I'd have never seen this stuff without facebook, so its definitely worth hanging out on.

I don't know that I'd get too into cycling related stuff there, though - there are enough other outlets for that, like this place.

-Ray

bostondrunk
05-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Man if Da Drunk is on I must consider befriending him and my buddy Roy Munson too :)

Tried, but couldn't find anyone named 'Smiley' on facebook........interesting....

:beer:

shinomaster
05-15-2010, 12:35 PM
. . . though I don't do much except listen to what others are doing. It can be even MORE of a time pit than the forum if you get too involved. :rolleyes:

But if all you guys are experts, perhaps you can answer a few questions . . .

1) I went to the Serotta Sport page but can't find any way to become a fan. There's a button to indicate I like it, but nothing to let me become a fan . . . Does indicating I like it automatically make me a fan?

2) As of a few days ago (apparently when they rolled out the new security features and other changes) there's no longer any button at the bottom of the page in my news feed to look at older posts, no matter whether I'm in "top news" view OR "most recent." Note that it does NOT seem to automatically show me the posts since the last time I logged on. It just goes back to about yesterday and then there's no way to look at anything older. So if I haven't been on there in a couple of days I miss stuff. There's also no way that I can find to scroll backward to, say, last week if I need to access something for reference . . . ???

BBD
BBD

Facebook changed the format to "like."

Keith A
05-15-2010, 12:41 PM
BTW, here's how you find me (http://www.facebook.com/dkarbuckle) :)

rugbysecondrow
05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
It is fun. I have lived in a few cities, attended a few different schools and have various groups of friends, so it is easy to stay in touch with these different people.

This be me:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=790026163

ti_boi
05-15-2010, 02:11 PM
BTW, here's how you find me (http://www.facebook.com/dkarbuckle) :)

Geez you got waaaaaay too many friends! :) :)

But I'm here...http://tinyurl.com/2a3k4gh

zap
05-15-2010, 03:50 PM
No.

Besides, azzbook is passe. Many are leaving to go to new invite only hot spots.

Mr. Squirrel
05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
If I sign up will u all want to befriend me :)

i will. what kind of wheels do you have?

mr. squirrel

djg
05-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Smiley, if you sign up, and then I sign up, of course I will want to "friend" you.

But so far I'm just on the stupid linkedin thing.

StellaBlue
05-16-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm on facebook but you wouldn't wanna be my friend. I'm an asshole