PDA

View Full Version : Mavic .55mm spacer for campy 11 cassettes

zott28
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Has anyone used the Mavic spacer to help keep you cassette off your spokes. My EC70's get the spoke rub. Any issue with it, lock rings fit fine and whatnot?
I hope I don't have to sneak a new wheelset into the house.

On a side note, why would competitive cyclist charge $8 shipping on a 2g, .55mm spacer that cost $4.

Tim Porter
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
zott28: I used the spacer on my Mavic Kysrium rear hub with Campy 11 and it worked perfectly. Not sure about your hubs, which are Eastons, IIRC. I bought two when I was ordering other stuff from CC. PM me your address if you'd like me to mail you my spare. Just stick 4 bucks in an envelope back to me when you get it. Tim

zott28
05-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I love this place! PM sent :beer:

cody.wms
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
i tried using one on a pair of Easton EA70xes, and it caused the hub to bind. Luckily, on those wheels the spacer wasn't totally necessary - I just wanted a little extra space if it was possible.

zott28
05-10-2010, 04:11 PM
On the EC70's it's definitely needed. I'm up against the spokes without it. I've read things about these wheels being used on 11 speed set ups, and no one has ever mentioned the cassette not working.

I can see it already, "honey, I have to get a new set of wheels that cost twice as much as these, my new group that cost me a ton won't work on these."

I'm sure she'll see the logic, and I guess it's easy to sneak a wheel set by her :)

Tim Porter
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey zott, the spacer's in the mail. I should have mentioned that if it doesn't work just send it back. I know it'll work on the couple of mavic wheels I have. It'll just cost you a stamp. . . . :cool: Tim

zott28
05-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey zott, the spacer's in the mail. I should have mentioned that if it doesn't work just send it back. I know it'll work on the couple of mavic wheels I have. It'll just cost you a stamp. . . . :cool: Tim

Thanks again Tim, you sure do embrace the spirit of the forum!