PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a Serotta?

700 x 23c
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
One of the threads mentioned not owning a Serotta. Got me wondering what brings one to this forum.....I found it while looking at my Serotta options.

So, do you own one.....if not what do you ride?

One blue cheese olive down....two to go! (never actually made it to the martini last night) :beer:

Big Dan
03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I have 2 Serottas..... :)

but mainly come here for the abuse and lately to see what you are going to post next..................... :fight:

Tony Edwards
03-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Ironically, my only Serotta is a mountain bike, a 1995 ATi.

csb
03-27-2005, 08:17 PM

Keith A
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I have a couple of Serottas (see my signature) as well as a Trek OCLV and all three of these are ridden regularly. I also have a couple older steel frames that are ridden ocassionally -- '89 Schwinnn Paramount and a Bottecchia SLX from the same time period.

Of all the bikes I have owned and ridden, I feel the most at home on my CSi. It may not be the bike I choose to race on, but it most certainly is the one I choose to ride.

Jeff N.
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Legend Ti x 1. Jeff N.

Chief
03-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Two--ca. 1990 Colorado and a 2002 Ottrott.

Skrawny
03-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I have one:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=6612&highlight=trigger

I got into this site when I was researching bikes. Nothing this fun on the competitors sites.
-s

PS-this thread might be interesting as a poll...

Bill Bove
03-27-2005, 08:26 PM
2 steel
2 aluminum
1 ti
2 steels, an al and a ti in the past

John Kerry's Ottrot couldn't get him elected president and I don't think mine could get me elected dog catcher but I do enjoy riding them.

I come here because I am a sad, lonely person and somebody has to be the cat guy to Sandy's dog man.

David Kirk
03-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I own one.........a full Ti custom full suspension mountian bike with 4" travel front and rear. Yep...it's a one off.

Dave

dave thompson
03-27-2005, 08:29 PM
I own a Serotta and found this forum just after I bought my first one, a used Atlanta. I was a real newbie then (to bikes as well as Serottas) but what I found here, and continue to find on this forum, are very well informed, well intentioned, well meaning folks who have provided (at least me) a wealth of knowledge and opinions based on experience and a camaraderie that can't be found on any other bike forum.

You've tasted some of the gentle (!) humor here, but you also received a real and genuine welcome to the forum. The Serotta forum is the antithesis of all the other 'popular' bike forums where opinions seem to be based on what has been published in the latest bike rag. Once you learn who the posters that populate this place are, you will find, among others, some of the most highly regarded bicycle folks in the industry hang around here, posting in the give and take of the various threads.

This forum is somewhat like an extended family (weird cousins and all) and we can get a little testy if we think a troll is trying to interrupt our goings on.

Lotta trust here, lotta fun and a huge amount of solid info! Ask about the time, late last year, when the forum was down for several days what folks did to substitute for their 'forum fix'.

Birddog
03-27-2005, 08:38 PM
I have an Atlanta and a CSi, trying to decide which one will be the keeper. I have a few other bikes too.

Birddog

Bruce K
03-27-2005, 08:39 PM
2 - Concours and Ottrott ST.

I don't remember how I got started here, I just know it's generally way too much fun.

Besides, I really enjoy the people I have "met" here when I have met them in real life.

Speaking of which, where have you gone (again) rustoleum?

BK

djg
03-27-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I found the forum before I owned (but way after I heard of) Serotta. I have a CSi built with Chorus. Also have a Nag CT1.

PanTerra
03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I have a 2002 or 2003 CSi, see my sig. I came upon the CSi by rather unusual means, my LBS offered to do an even swap for a Lemond steel frame that I had just gotten from TREK on a crash replacement ($465). The CSi frame had been hanging for over a year with no takers, it was a 62 cm, but it was just my size. I did ask if they had one in red. They said to go paint it. I got on the website to learn about the bike and then said that yeah, I would go ahead and swap it out. It didn't take long to decide. Found the forum from the web page. After being on the forum for several months and meeting the group, I was on a bus trip to an out of state gig with an orchestra I play in. One of the guys on the bus that I had played with in the orchestra for a couple of years was also making the trip, found out he was an avid cyclist, as well as a CSi owner. I asked if he had been on the forum, he said, "oh yeah, all the time." I asked him who he was on the forum, thinking he used a moniker. He just said, "Larry." D'oh!! :beer:

Len J
03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I own 2 Serotta's

I found the old forum before I bought my first, but......
I fell in love with The first Serotta I ever saw, around 1988.

Len

slowgoing
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Yes.

FierteTi52
03-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I have 4 Serotta's
1991 NHX 8spd D/A
2001 Hors Categorie 9spd Ultegra Triple
2003 Fierte Ti 9spd D/A
2004 Ottrott 10spd D/A
Bought the NHX in 1991 after riding a Centurian Lemans with a too long top tube. The Stock NHX TT ran shorter, so it worked for me. Had a 2001 C'dale R4000 for a while. Actually a very nice bike, but the 9spd D/A group ended up on a 2003 Fierte Ti, which is a wonderful bike. Then came the Ottrott and recently a used Hors. One of these days I'm going to try another brand.
Jeff

Bradford
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I have a Legend ST. (In addition to an IF Crown Jewel and IF independence, Co-Motion tandem, and Specialized Stump Jumper).

I found the old forum when I was looking at bikes a few years ago and had my heart set on a Legend. I ended up getting a wife instead and and used my Legend fund to get a tandem, which put off my Serotta purchase for a while.

I'm a consistant lurker and occasional poster, and stay for the amusement and learning. And I wouldn't trade my Legend for anything.

Dr. Doofus
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
proud owner of a serotta 02 fork on a gunnar roadie frame

what this doof needs to find is a 58cm stock geo steel serotta that has been in a shop for a few years...around November 28, 2006...and then food will be a serotta *bike* owner again

dirtdigger88
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
yup 1

jason

Satellite
03-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I have a Team Steel Lugged Serotta. I have logged so many miles on it I will never catch up if I ride my Moots VaMoots exclusively for the rest of my life. Which apparently that is what is happing because I haven't even thrown a leg over her since my VaMoots arrived on the stage. That not withstanding I will never ever part with my beloved Serotta.

Satellite

jerk
03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
the jerk has three serottas right now.

one 60cm pursuit bike with a 650 front wheel.

one 59cm filet-brazed csi match sprint bike set up to race on the track....the jerk sucks at match sprint but he's not too bad at keirin for some reason so go figure....

one 59cm filet-brazed csi built with the holy grail of track componentry, dura-ace ten-pitch. same exact frame as the one above except it has the new drop-outs and it's porsche bebe instead of pearl white.

the jerk has a bunch of other stupid bikes too.

jerk

Sandy
03-27-2005, 09:48 PM
I have 2 bikes, both Serottas. One I ride and one I don't. I may make the one I don't ride into a fixee.

Sandy

cycleman_21
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I bought a Fierte,which in turn led me here back in Dec. 04
awesome ride--3,000.
new camera outfit for my wife-3,000
kids college fund-see above :p :rolleyes:
info and laughter on forum-priceless :banana:

RC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93legendti
03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Serottas:

2002 Ottrott
2002 HC Cross
1993 Legend Ti

as well as 4 other bikes...

jerk
03-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Serottas:

2002 Ottrott
2002 HC Cross
1993 Legend Ti

as well as 4 other bikes...

which one's the best?

jerk

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
. . . the incomparable Queen Bee ’01 Legend.

But I would gladly buy another if it would make Bill Bove less sad and lonely! :rolleyes:

However, I think that, realistically, buying him some NON-pink cycling kit to wear would contribute more to making him less sad and lonely! ;) :banana:

BBDave

Rich_W
03-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Past:
97 Colorado AL
99 Legend Ti - 1"
01 Legend Ti Compact - 1 1/8"
04 Ottrott ST Compact

Current:
04 Orbea Starship
05 Scott CR1 Limited

Future:
06 Legend Ti, 7cm drop, Compact

weisan
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
00' Legend C4Ti (stock)

Previously:
92 or 93 Colorado TG
99 Atlanta

How I got here?
Nobody did, I invited myself. :p

SoCalSteve
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a 2003 CSI with F2 Fork,which I love!

I had a Legend once with a JB paint job. Never built it up, sold it at a profit (bought on ebay, sold on ebay) and a 2000 HC that I bought and it never really fit me correctly so I sold it too.

I cant even remember at all what brought me here. But, I'm glad it did!

Steve

gt6267a
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
1 x Serotta CRL and looking to pickup a 2nd serotta used

Larry
03-27-2005, 11:46 PM
1 1998 CSi

I had an F1 threaded quill stem set-up.
Changed to a threadless Ouzo Pro.......a definite improvement IMHO.

Steel is the real deal.......everything else is industrial or generic.

If I buy another bike, it would be steel all over again.

Larry

PanTerra
03-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey, there's that Larry guy I was talking about. Yeah, that's him! Hey Larry, if I was going to get another Serotta, it would probably be the CDA CS. Hard to beat that ride quality...or maybe the ottrot. Just don't know, Jim was doing his best trying to sell me one the other day.

Tom Byrnes
03-28-2005, 12:47 AM
I presently own five Serottas

Ottrott ST
Concours with F1 fork
Ex-Mavic's 7-11 Huffy themed CSi with F1 fork
1986 Ex-Ron Kiefel 7-11 team bike with TDF lugs
1984 Serotta project bike

I also once owned a Legend Ti Tri/Time Trial Bike, but sold it a while ago.

I can't recall how I located the Forum, but, like everyone else, I am glad I did.

Tom

vaxn8r
03-28-2005, 01:10 AM
My Atlanta screams Serotta. Classic competition red and yellow fade.

Came here from when the Calfee forum used to be linked.

Wayne77
03-28-2005, 01:20 AM
One on the way:

Concours (non carbon stay version) Cobalt Blue, Half paint/ Half satin. Should get it in a few weeks.

I'm riding a Klein beer can frame right now -I actually like it quite a bit...Its not "harsh", like many folks make aluminum out to be...

Came here once I started looking into Serotta's, but still feel like the little kid in "Lucas" trying to get in on the huddle... :rolleyes:

vaxn8r
03-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Came here once I started looking into Serotta's, but still feel like the little kid in "Lucas" trying to get in on the huddle... :rolleyes:
I still feel that way...doesn't stop me though.

dsimon
03-28-2005, 01:42 AM
i have a 96 csi i bought in 03 it was my dream bike since i was a young teenagernot the color but im ssaving for a paint job. my next bike hmmm maybe a legend but defenitly a SEROTTA :D

William
03-28-2005, 06:56 AM
I have one (used to have two) custom steel Serotta. The jury is currently out on whether I'll ever add another custom Serotta to my mix.

William

Spinner
03-28-2005, 08:32 AM
My 2002 CIII is my one Serotta out of five bikes.

The old forum actually lead to my purchase of the CIII. I have subsequently participated in the current forum to enjoy the passion of cycling with others who are like minded. This has resulted in some new friends with whom I have ridden as well as others I hope to ride with in the future.

Giro de Bozeman here I come!

pjm
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
1999 CSI, Onyx, Campy, F1

1997 Atlanta, red to yellow, Campy, steel fork and stem

1994 Max II, steel mountain bike, blue fade

BURCH
03-28-2005, 09:48 AM
I am waiting for my CDA and first Serotta, which should be in next week. I currently own a really old AL Cannondale that has lived well past it's life expectancy. I also own a Trek Fuel which is an awesome climber.

And I own an old Trek hardtail Steel mtb (built with LX/XT) that I use to lure people into cycling with. My last non-cycling friend that tried out "the lure" dropped $2,000+ on a Gary Fisher Cake after a mere 2 months. This spring I am using "the lure" on a another non cycling buddy. At this rate, I will convert enough people into cyclist to get me into heaven I think. :)

Keith A
03-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Just a little follow up to my 1st post on this subject. I purchased my CSi in the Fall of '99 and didn't know much about Serottas at that time. I had been looking for a nice steel bike and came across this CSi. I talked to a friend of who worked at a LBS and told him about the bike. He convinced me to buy the CSi and this turned out to be one of my best cycling related decisions.

I stumbled across the old forum a couple of years later and quickly found a home away from home. I really enjoy reading the different perspectives of the forum members and have gained a much greater appreciation for many things related to cycling -- from cycling fit, whether it is the Jerk's way or dbrk's French fit, to Nagasawa of which I had never heard of before this group, and all things in between.

This really is a great bunch of folks and I am glad to have met a number of you in person and look forward seeing familiar and new faces at the G'dB.

flydhest
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
I just realized that I own 3 Serottae.

I used to own a CSi with an F1, it got replaced (as a result of a long story) by a Legend.

I picked up an Hors Categorie cyclocross bike and recently a CSi with a steel fork. All bikes have Campy.

I also own a Vanilla fixed gear. The first in the Nation's Capital.

I stumbled onto the forum at least two incarnations ago. Then it moved to Kahuna's server, then to Serotta's. Anyone know how many holdovers there are from those previous fora?

dave thompson
03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
.....I stumbled onto the forum at least two incarnations ago. Then it moved to Kahuna's server, then to Serotta's. Anyone know how many holdovers there are from those previous fora?
I found the forum in 2000, was delighted when Kahuna revitalized it a little later and have been with it through all it's iterations.

I have learned a lot here, made some well-informed purchases because of solid opinions presented and enjoyed all the fellowship that resides here. I don't think there's too many bike forums extant where one would invite all the others to their house for food , rides and friends. DBRK has twice, Dave Kirk and Gasman are opening their doors this year. Great folks here!

Lost Weekend
03-28-2005, 10:15 AM
started with a serotta colorado- rode the piss out of it. So much so that the top tube cracked and was turned into scrap metal. In search of another ride I stumbled on a 04 st ottrott that was a great deal and just my size.
Stumbled on to this forum just surfing the web and been lurking ever since.

marle
03-28-2005, 10:16 AM
I own 2 -- 2004 CSI and 2005 Ottrott ST

Kevan
03-28-2005, 10:19 AM
in getting the Colorado II.

Once I got up, rubbed the sore jaw, and rode the thing, I've really enjoyed it. I must admit the color scheme and the rude name calling its caused has been a major selling point. Why just this weekend past, it was my Easter bike. It's a S&M kinda thing, I suppose. I figure, you have to be a strange character to sell or buy such a bike.

Despite Sandy's best efforts I've been and will remain the Calfee fly in this here soup; rarely does it get cold and only sometimes too hot in here.

ToniV
03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
since 5 days - I own a Legend Ti.

ciao Toni
My Legend Ti (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=7337)

Todd Owen
03-28-2005, 10:36 AM
I currently own 3 serottas
1) CSi in artic blue, campy record 10 speed with neutrons wheels
2) CSi 7-11 team red/white scheme with 9 speed DA
3) Legend Ti Harlequin with campy chorus 10 speed with neutron wheels

Of ALL the bikes I own.....the CSi artic blue would be my FIRST choice bar none.
my wife has a Fierte and in my past there have been 6 others serotta frames I owned. Of the 6 other serotta frames all were sold to buy another serotta.

BumpyintheBurgh
03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
CSI, Legend Ti, CSI(wife's), Waterford 2200, Calfee Tetra Pro, DeRosa Primato
Ride 'em all.

M_A_Martin
03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I came across the forum several iterations ago. Way back on Kahuna's first iteration I think...so I guess I might be an old timer even though I'm not ...it's been a while.

I found the forum when I was looking for a custom bike to reward myself for going through all the surgeries related to my mortocycle accident. My bike shop is a rabid Serotta supporter, so I managed to cruise the web site and find the forum. I settled on a Legend with a DKS. I was ready to order one, when I found they didn't make it anymore!

So I did the next best thing and picked up a beautiful platinum used CSi from a club member while I contemplated just "what to do." However, as wonderful as the bike rode, it didn't fit. So I sold it back to the guy I bought it from when I was in process of getting my wonderful Kirk Terraplane (I like the engineering theory behind that behind...and the DKS)

I do however still have a Serotta of sorts...a Fatrotta as Mr. Kirk refers to it. A Saratoga Springs/Serotta Built Fat Chance Yo Eddy MTB. Sweet bike. I've found that the Yo Eddy in particular has almost as rabid a following as Serottas.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4938&highlight=Eddy

pale scotsman
03-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I gots me one of them thar Legend Ti bi-cycles. It's a 2002 with eye-talian parts on it. I likes it lots.

Keith A
03-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I think the Pale one has seen Forrest Gump one too many times :D

alembical
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I have a CSI....
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1152&stc=1

Alembical

NicaDog
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Coors Classic CRL -
CSI recently built into a fixie
I'm on the prowl for a Legend ST right now.

My wife just got her Fierte Ti, and is loving it! :banana:

Been lurking on the site for about 3 years or so. Add something every now and then. Mostly I come to watch Kevin and Sandy do in public what no other adults would ever attempt to do!

dgauthier
03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Not me - not yet anyway.

I ride a 2002 Bianchi Vigorelli (Taiwanese tigged steel, and a remarkably good bike!) When I bought the bike I weighed 265. I now weigh 185. I initially told myself I wouldn't buy my "dream bike" until I got below 200 lbs, and then quickly realized that 200 lbs. is too heavy for a "serious" cyclist. So now I've set my new target at a nice, round 80 kilos (176 lbs). When I'm that fit, I'll feel I've earned the indulgence of a high-end bike.

I frequent this site because of the consistent high quality of the information in the posts themselves. The average I.Q. of this forum seems to be about 20-30 points above the average i.Q. of any other forum I've read.

pjm
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
When I'm that fit, I'll feel I've earned the indulgence of a high-end bike.
I think you've more than earned it already. Congratulations! :)

Larry D
03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I currently have the pleasure of owning 2, an Atlanta and a Legend Ti,
my wife has a Colorado III.

I am not sure when I found the forum, but it has been a great place to get all sorts of information and opinions about anything and everything. I do not post very often, but as my wife says" I need my daily fix" of the forum.

It has also been a great place to meet other Serotta owners and establish some great friendships.

We will be at the Open House, see you there.
:beer:

bcm119
03-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I think I found this forum in 2002 while researching options for a new steel frame. I bought a CIII in 2003. I haven't found another forum nearly as entertaining as this one. There is a high percentage of knowledgeable, experienced, articulate people here. Theres also alot of sillyness, bananas, and drinking going on here, which makes it even more fun.

PaulE
03-28-2005, 07:32 PM
A 2001 CSI, red/yellow fade with TdF lugs and F1 and a 2003 Legend, full polish with clear coat F2. I found the forum from the Serotta website when I first started looking into Serottas.

pbbob
03-28-2005, 08:09 PM
have a 1979 one of a kind ben built time trial frame currently seeing one gear duty. columbus tubing, steep angled, very short wheelbase, 38 inches give or take a fraction, zeus track ends with dropout for derailleur, no waterbottle mounts, one right sided downtube boss, made for one chainring only.zoom zoom

Fremont Dave
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
It's merely a rhetorical question. On reflection, I bought my first Serotta, a 1990 Nova Special SLX, as not only an upgrade but a reward for enduring a difficult year. Somewhat guided by this forum a few years ago, I went for a 2001 Hors Cat; again not only as an upgrade but a reward for enduring a difficult year. Come to think of it, with that rationale I ought to own a whole bunch more. Oh, forgot about the money thing.

Bruce H.
03-28-2005, 08:49 PM
I was looking for a new bike in 2001. LBS suggested I try a leftover Serotta CRT (Steel). Never heard of them before then. Thought about it for a few days and took the plunge. I am still on cloud nine. Now I want to get a second one but must wait till my daughter graduates from college.
Been on here mostly lurking and learning since then.
Bruce H.
I also have 2 other bikes but I rarely ride them anymore

itsalldark
03-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I ride a 30th anniversary and love it!!

pale scotsman
03-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I have a CSI....
Alembical

Now that is a good looking bike. Love the matched stem!

SPOKE
03-28-2005, 11:09 PM
confessing to our maddness so i'll display my sickness too.
i have 7 Serottas:
-99' legend Ti w/ custom panel paint, F1 fork, campy record 9spd
-00' Hor's Catagorie w/ custom panel paint in Porshe Bebe, F1 threadless fork, Campy record 10spd.
-01' Ottrott (founders club bike), F2 fork, campy record 10spd.
-02' CSi w/ steel fork, team paint, campy record 10spd.
-03' 30th anniversary, campy record 10spd w/carbon crank.
-04' Ottrott ST, F2 fork, Dura Ace 10spd
-05' CSi w/ custom paint, Tour de France lugset, F3 fork, & 1 1/8" head tube. Kelly Bedford actually built this frame.....not built up yet.

many other bikes in the collection including an absolutely stunning Richard Sachs w/ campy record 10spd w/ carbon crank and a 25th anniversary Spectrum w/ Dura Ace 25th anniversary kit.

Cheers.........

shinomaster
03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
THis bike is now in pieces...I cant figure out how to get it re-painted!http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4357&highlight=shinomaster+atlanta :confused:

Ken Robb
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
hey Spoke--if those are 58-61cm bikes can I be one of your heirs?

93legendti
03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
confessing to our maddness so i'll display my sickness too.
i have 7 Serottas:
-99' legend Ti w/ custom panel paint, F1 fork, campy record 9spd
-00' Hor's Catagorie w/ custom panel paint in Porshe Bebe, F1 threadless fork, Campy record 10spd.
-01' Ottrott (founders club bike), F2 fork, campy record 10spd.
-02' CSi w/ steel fork, team paint, campy record 10spd.
-03' 30th anniversary, campy record 10spd w/carbon crank.
-04' Ottrott ST, F2 fork, Dura Ace 10spd
-05' CSi w/ custom paint, Tour de France lugset, F3 fork, & 1 1/8" head tube. Kelly Bedford actually built this frame.....not built up yet.

many other bikes in the collection including an absolutely stunning Richard Sachs w/ campy record 10spd w/ carbon crank and a 25th anniversary Spectrum w/ Dura Ace 25th anniversary kit.

Cheers.........

Yeow! I thought I was blessed with an understanding wife!

ZippRider
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
92 Steel - Colorado TG w/F1 Fork :)

02 Legend ST :)

Carlo
03-29-2005, 10:53 PM
CSI w/ F-1 fork, its Competion yellow/white built with Campagnolo 9 speed. I'm a big Rivendell, e-Richie, Brian Baylis, lugged steel fan.

I found the forum just as it was being shut down and joined in January '04. Someday, I'll actually introduce myself beyond fawning over New Orleans jazz/funk/rock.

Regards,

Carlo Carr
New Orleans

gaxi
03-30-2005, 08:55 AM
1 1997 Serotta Colorado CSI / big-boy-blue with red/black decals / F-1 fork in competition red
1 2003 Serotta Legend Ti / half-paint/half-polish in arctic-blue with titanium/charcoal decals / O2 fork in platinum
1 1998 (?) Serotta Competition AL MTB in blue with white/black decals

and I owned a 1998 Serotta Colorado AL in competition yellow with red/black decals - which I sold 2 years ago (to get some money for the Legend Ti)

Dr. Doofus
03-30-2005, 09:43 AM
the local shop guy cut the fork off before we double-checked the rough fit...turns out his floors aren't level and the rough fit was off by 1cm on the drop to the bars...with an 84 stem...and he cut the flipping fork....

so now doof is the owner of an 02 fork, but a new Ouzo is going on the Gunnar...the real problem is dofo is not a contentious guy, and the local shop cat does lots of free adjustments to your doc's bikes and looks the other way at the purloined pre-ride power bar now and then...so yedorfo is not really in a position to demand a free fork, even if the local guy did cut it off before the final check...jeesh....

PanTerra
03-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh GEEZ, what is that old saying, measure once, cut twice - measure twice, cut once? Oh yeah, and make sure the floor is level. :crap:

xlbs
03-30-2005, 03:44 PM
'93 Legend Ti, the last of three. I sold the other two to finance this last. It was worth the 15 year wait and search for the perfect ride.

I've been lurking here for years, but only recently began to post.

When I was selling Serottas, I was one of only 2 or 3 dealers in Canada...Great memories...