PDA

View Full Version : White Shoes?

TimB
03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
What's the opinion here? I'm needing some shoes to fit my feet - 45.5, and Performance has some Diadora's that'd fit the bill at 50% off. But they have them in my size only in WHITE.

Cool, or fool? Or do I need to worry as long as they're not yellow?

bulliedawg
03-27-2005, 01:47 PM
What's the opinion here? I'm needing some shoes to fit my feet - 45.5, and Performance has some Diadora's that'd fit the bill at 50% off. But they have them in my size only in WHITE.

Cool, or fool? Or do I need to worry as long as they're not yellow?

I love white shoes. Have since the days of the Houston Oilers. Go for it.

JohnS
03-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Only between Memorial Day and Labor Day! :)

ShockTreatment
03-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Tim -- I like light colored shoes. They don't get so hot in the sun.

ST

Smiley
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Better White then my Sliver Shimano's . Go for it man you have a second kid on the way , College is just around the corner . Nobody here will make fun of you and if you get Sophies magic markers you can have her customize them for you , now that's way cool :banana:

woolly
03-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Make sure you get the matching belt to go with them. :D

csb
03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
... and the cape

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2005, 06:12 PM
<<Or do I need to worry as long as they're not yellow?>>

What’s up with THAT?!?! YELLOW is the coolest color on the planet! Sunflowers . . . bananas . . . the Maillot Jaune . . . the Queen BEE!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: ;)

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2005, 06:14 PM
The wite ones are gonna get dirty REAL quick. Think white bar tape . . . I have enough trouble keeping my yellow Sidis clean and only use them in good weather.

BBD

Tom
03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Tires: Black.
Bar tape: Black.
Cable housings: Black.
Seat Post: Chrome or Black. Nothing else.
Rims: Chrome or Black. Nothing else.
Drive train: Chrome.

Shorts or bibs: Any color, as long as it does not coordinate with your jersey.

Shoes: Black only, unless you're sponsored. Then you have arrived and may wear whatever idiotic looking shoes they foist on you.

I have spoken.

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
. . . don’t you have some painting--or coughing up of paint--to finish? Did 30 today with Steve R. Not fast, but it sure felt good to be riding! :cool:

BBDave

LegendRider
03-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Get white shoes for good weather and use your old pair for rain. If you live in Seattle just forget it altogether...

spatz
03-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd go with white... and a washable marker set and get creative. :D Or, if the seasons progressing poorly, you can switch to the permanent black "sharpie" and resign yourself to being only a permanent amateur weekend warrior. ;) Going white gives you options as you can clearly see.

spatz :)

Rich_W
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm running DMT Flash for 05... white all the way... Last year, RSXs in Pearl.

Just like grandpa's shoes down in Florida... only without the black knee socks.

Whats nice about the new Flash, is that they're made out of a more scuff resistant synthetic leather... pleather... whatever... but they stay clean, and are surprisingly superlight and breathable.

Swapping to the superlight shoes in combo with the Keo Tis... man, what a difference in the weight you're spinning (Yes, I admit I am a weenie...).

Then there are my home-piece's chromie-fabulous-triple-bling Sidi Ergos... those are TIGHT! :banana:

Bill Bove
03-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I have tiny feet (no, there is no corelation to...) so I like light color shoes. I rotate between white and silver Nike Poggio II's. Nike is no longer making shoes in my size so there may be a pair of pink ( no corelation there either, not that there is anything wrong with that) D2's in my distant, very distant future.

jerk
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Only between Memorial Day and Labor Day! :)

stole the jerk's joke....white shoes are faster, just like white bibs and white shoe covers. white is the new black.
jerk

Dr. Doofus
03-27-2005, 09:29 PM
white shoes and black socks!

William
03-28-2005, 07:10 AM
White's right!
But not bar tape...or saddles...or shorts...or....

William ;)

TimB
03-28-2005, 07:25 AM
So I went ahead and ordered the white shoes, since it doesn't seem from the responses here that I'd be subjected to immediate ridicule, and finding a shoe in a half-size at 50% off was too good a deal to pass up.

I like the idea of getting Sophia the multi-color pack of Sharpies and letting her decorate them. If only I could be assured that she'd color the shoes, and not herself.

And I ofter wear black socks in rain/wet conditions...so black socks and white shoes is not an impossible combination for me...

Thanks for the input...

zap
03-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Cycling shoes are like golf shoes. You would never wear them but for there intended use.

Have fun :banana:

BumpyintheBurgh
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Tim 'White Shoes' B
Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson
Pat 'White Bucks' Boone
Shoeless Joe Jackson

You're in questionable company.

csb
03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
white stripes