PDA

View Full Version : In defense of quality OT

dogdriver
05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
57 channels and a' nothin' on (apologies to the Boss).

The problem with freedom is all these people acting free (Easy Rider).

We remain allowed to ignore things that don't interest us, and Sir Ben is kind enough to allow us to pontificate ad nauseum on HIS forum.

If you want to see a forum that doesn't do OT, check out Moots. A great community for bike info, but none too interesting to surf.

I have to go clean the chain on my wife's Fierte, one of two Serottas I bought after lurking on this forum. The OT stuff does not necessarily detract from spreading the good word of the Serotta brand.

Pete Serotta
05-05-2010, 06:13 PM
We truly try to make this a cycling forum and a SEROTTA forum. Additionally we try to welcome and invite OT topics for the folks that frequent the Serotta Forum have LOTS of knowledge in many topics and do not mind sharing it.

Sometimes the topic takes a wrong turn and sometimes I get too excited BUT if we look at the overall 12 months in a given year - things are mostly positive and even the ones that are not, correct themselves.

Like all folks, no matter what the background or country of origin, we have bad days. For those instances, I request that the person, me included, take a pause-count to 10 or a 100 and look at the good of other folks. Additionally attempt to understand their view.

If that does not work - then we the moderators attempt to bring things back under the umbrella of "politeness". This is never popular and always causes "hurt feelings" but please do not take it personal. Additionally feel free to contact us.

PETE

Ray
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
What's "OP"? Besides the Ron Howard character from the '60s?

-Ray

fiamme red
05-05-2010, 06:24 PM

-RayI guess he meant "OT."

SoCalSteve
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM

-Ray

I believe he means "OT".

And, they are great when it doesn't become all pissy and political (like a few have today).

Anyway, civility people..civility.

The weather is beautiful, go out and ride!

Steve

csm
05-05-2010, 06:33 PM
or did he mean "o p p" which is an entirely different thing....

Ozz
05-05-2010, 06:37 PM
!

Mr. Squirrel
05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
if not for the internet and ot advice, my cousin and his band would still be playing in the swamp. now they play the garden quite often. his band The Nutz are a squirrel punk band from the small town of Nutting Hill on the outskirts of London, England. lots of gardens and better supply of wheels.

mr. squirrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtEMOW9OQw&feature=related

soulspinner
05-06-2010, 05:50 AM
or did he mean "o p p" which is an entirely different thing....

:p