PDA

View Full Version : Who rode their bicycle today?

CNY rider
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I did!
It was far and away my best ride so far this year.
I've just finished a long stretch without a single day off work.
My riding for the past 9 days was commuting only; I did lose a few pounds of winter fat in the process.

Today is a beautiful sunny day in the 60's here. I took out the Legend, with DA tubeless, thinking of a nice 35 mile route up Otsego Lake and back through the Fly Creek Valley. 35 turned into 50, and could have been even more if I had more food and water. Dry cool air, no real wind. Legs felt great.

The perfect day, perfect bike, perfect ride.
Anyone else have a good day?

Blue Jays
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
It's a gloriously beautiful day.
Riding after work today with a bunch of friends.
The weekend is almost here, too!

Johny
05-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I had a good 1.5hr ride back to home last evening on quiet trails. Legs Felt good. 60's...perfect.

Plan to ride two hours home today. 82 right now...that's almost too hot for here.

bozman
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I am riding home from work. 17 miles of rolling terain and some dirt, too. I can't wait!

ergott
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I did the commute. Awesome weather!

staggerwing
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Didn't get to commute in today. Had a meeting for the son at school. But, tossed the bike on the van, and my wife dropped the Crosshairs and myself off at work, on her way back home.

Get to go turn some cranks within 15 minutes and looking forward to it.

uno-speedo
05-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I did! For some strange reason I rode my mountain bike to work, I love it!

Weather here is pretty kick ass.

drewski
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Wore a button down shirt and a pair of summer weigh wool pants
with a set of Brooks leather pant cuff clips on my Steel Axiom bicycle. These are not cheap but when they go on sale they are worth it.

When I commute I used an old set of Cristophe clips which makes it
convenient when I lose my balance after doing a 90 second track stand.

They are made of harmonic steel. Looks better than tucking into a sock.

I wiped down with a set a towel and I was ok. Luckily I am in a
technical environment.

Rode about 10miles with allergy symptoms. It was very fun though.
rode about 20 yesterday ,40 Saturday.

Pete Serotta
05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
got 50 mies in on my HSG (what else :o ), Wonderful ride. :bike:

I have a only 4 weeks to go before Colorado.

OtayBW
05-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I did! (not yet).

avalonracing
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
My favorite ride of the year so far. Did 50 miles, rode out to an old race course loop, punched some climbs on the way home and felt great. It was hard to stop riding but I wanted to hop on the motorcycle too. Now I have to get some work done for the hooky that I played.

wooly
05-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Hate you guys. Not really, but I am jealous. Beautiful weather here in the OC and I am stuck at my desk. On the bright side, I'll get to see my boys play baseball tonight.

endosch2
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Long lunch ride - 1:32, did 26 miles. Very long lunch ride. 70 and nice in NH.

Ray
05-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Yep, got out and cruised around town on my townie looking for stuff to take pictures of and taking a few. Yesterday did a "REAL" ride of about 35-40 but I'm not sure what makes it more real. Today was as much fun in a totally different way.

-Ray

dogdriver
05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Rode the Monkey 1.5 hours to try to chase away a cold.

Had a great talk with forumite pdmong about his Ventana mountain tandem. Decided it was too small for me, but a great bike if it fits you. Good man, Paul-- highly recommend a chat with him if you get the chance.

Talked with Sherwood Gibson (he is the V in Ventana-- well, you get the idea...) about tandems and El Reys. How often can you shoot the breeze with the guy who designed and welded your bike?

All in all, a most excellent bike day that included a little riding.

Best, Chris

OperaLover
05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Commute to work on the Soma Double Cross. 42 degrees this morning with wet roads but no rain. C'mon its May already how about some warmth! Not the best weather for the Commute Challenge this month is the Seattle area.

xjoex
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I rode in, it was awesome. The weather was so nice on the way home I took the extra long way home.

Which supports my theory, if you can bring your bike in the office, or safely lock it up- ride a nice bike to work. I put so many miles on my commuter I ride a nice bike, and it lets my take the long way with a smile on my face :) .

-Joe

maximus
05-05-2010, 08:12 PM
The fixie got its regular 8 mile run into the district and back today. Yesterday a man walked by me on L street and said "Hey, nice frameset! I have a CIOCC, made by the same guy who made your Concorde!" Stunned, I thanked and and smiled.... I think I wore that smile all day.

Since I don't have a proper pic of the commute, I thought I would have a little Photoshop fun before posting it up :beer:

Jack Brunk
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
22 miles after work in a little less than a hour on the C40. Felt really good.

Derailer
05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
20 miles, then an hour on the fixed gear enjoying the great weather. I feel like a million bucks. :cool:

jblande
05-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Just the commute today. Work and cold weather getting in the way of anything beyond my commute the past couple days . Hoping for sun soon.

soulspinner
05-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Couple hours with a friend. Why do you young guys always start so fast just to have some old guy tow you home(and wait for you) in a steady 25mph headwind? :p

LesMiner
05-06-2010, 06:54 AM
NO RIDE HERE

The weather has been awful. From mid 60s down to the 40s with 30 mph winds and rain. Snow is predicted for tomorrow. I have club rides scheduled for tonight and Saturday. I doubt if any show up especially after getting use to the beautiful weather we had a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping to get 25 or 30 miles in tonight, maybe not. So its get out the cold weather gear. It is like starting the cycling season all over again.

merlinmurph
05-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Gorgeous night last night west of Boston. Perfect temps, dry air - wonderful for riding. Did a hilly 45 after work (~2900' of climbing), heading out to Purgatory Chasm. First time out that way this year, the hills haven't gotten any flatter.

I slept wonderfully last night. :)

Bob Ross
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
This thread was started yesterday, and I rode yesterday, so yes.

But I also rode today...so, again, yes.

Wait, what was the question?

Bob Ross
05-07-2010, 08:27 AM
...however, today I did not.

gone
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Too busy riding to post yesterday but yes, I rode my bike. First day in a bit we've had anything but gale force winds so I thought I'd better take advantage. 104 miles with only a brief stop at 56 miles to refill water bottles. Beautiful day to be on the bike. Raining today :(

Jack Brunk
05-07-2010, 10:00 AM
20 glorious miles of singletrack yesterday evening on my 29er. I may never ride my 26er's again.

JohnHemlock
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Couple hours today, couple of hours yesterday. No idea on mileage since I don't use a computer. Hammered up a hill with visions of Cancellara in my head, although I probably wasn't generating enough power to crack an egg.