PDA

View Full Version : cleaned the bike today

jerk
03-26-2005, 09:12 PM
so after three weeks of doing really hard big gear muscle tension intervals in the drops, the jerk's beloved cinelli 65s are wrecked. the left side is now about an inch lower and further back than the right side and when viewed in profile the best way to describe the dura-ace hoods is "limp"....also the tread on the old vittoria cg was peeling off and really square from riding on the trainer.....so the jerk put some nice new dugast silks on the cosmic carbones, swapped the ten speed cassette from the "bontrager" (actually 32 dura-ace hubs built to mavic paris-roubaixs tied and soldered which once belonged to benoit joachim but that's another story) wheels, and gave the c50 a bath in diesel fuel....ready for a ride tomorrow, bent handlebars and all.

the jerk has no more cinelli 65s. a wimp like the jerk shouldn't be able to bend anything....why can't easton's bars just be a little deeper?

jerk

Dr. Doofus
03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
weneedpics

lettuceseethedamage

jerk
03-26-2005, 10:10 PM
monday okay?
jerk

spiderman
03-26-2005, 11:13 PM
i cleaned my ride today, too.
...after a nice 62 miler.
i'll have to trade in my moist towlette's for some deisel fuel...
that sounds like a great cleaner.
i had my dugasts mounted to a set of cosmic carbones from my lbs.
i made the mistake of putting them on my wife's bike.
nice though,
i drafted on her back wheel for awhile today for a change.
thanks!

Keith A
03-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Jerk,

Just a quick note to let you know that the Easton aluminum bar is deeper than their carbon bars (we are talking the round ones). The specs aren't on their website, but I inquired of Easton and they sent them to him. I'm pretty sure I posted the specs in one of these messages. Deda does make a deeper round bar -- but I'm sure you already knew that.

Keith A
03-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Found it...

Here's the specs that the Easton rep sent me...
"The reach and drop for the EA70 pro bar is 76mm and 152mm, respectively." as compared to the 75mm reach and 130mm drop on the EC90 Equipe Pro Composite bar. So the EA70 has a similar shape, but 22mm more drop than the EC90.

woolly
03-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Found it...

Here's the specs that the Easton rep sent me...
"The reach and drop for the EA70 pro bar is 76mm and 152mm, respectively." as compared to the 75mm reach and 130mm drop on the EC90 Equipe Pro Composite bar. So the EA70 has a similar shape, but 22mm more drop than the EC90.

Thanks Keith! I was wondering about this since Jason posted his bike fit thread. The Easton site posted full specs for the carbon model, but not for the EA70 non-ergo ones. I was more concerned about the reach than the drop, and these are the shortest-reach non-ergo ones I've found so far. I just can't bring myself to spend $200 on a set of handlebars, and I'm not really excited by carbon ones even if they were the same price. Looks like the EA70's may just what I'm looking for.

Keith A
03-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Wolly -- Happy to help. However, if you want some traditional round bars that have a shorter reach and a more shallow drop then you should look at the Deda 215/Newtons shallow drop or the Ritchey WCS Road Classic bars. These two have an almost identical shape and dimensions. The Ritchey (http://www.ritcheylogic.com/trpdfcharts/handebars.pdf) and Deda (http://www.dedaelementi.com/cat_racing.asp) websites have all the specs.

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2005, 06:08 PM
<< . . . and gave the c50 a bath in diesel fuel....>>

Don’t you have a mechanic, a soigneur, or butler to do this for you? After all, you are not just ANY jerk, you are THE Jerk! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

BBDave

Bill Bove
03-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I had A Sunday in Hell playing on the DVD in the shop yesterday and this guy was stunned that they would wash a bike with deisel. I guess your supposed to use ethenol (?) Ah the old days, hairnet helmets, VeloNews on newsprint and wool jerseys, how did we survive?

weisan
03-28-2005, 11:49 AM
so after three weeks of doing really hard big gear muscle tension intervals in the drops, the jerk's beloved cinelli 65s are wrecked.jerk

Senor Jerk, pardon my ignorance. What's up with "beck-geer-muzzle-tonsil-intravenous" (blame the doofus, my sp? has suffered lately because of his posts and that sick-yet-funny-but-too-many-bad-words R-rated-not-suitable-for-his-students-viewing blog, which just wasted a good ten-minutes of my life :bike:

It sounds kinda like the water-inducing torture device we see in the movie "Princess Bride" which was tied to Wesley's hands and legs, and as each notch of water is added, his life got sucked out of his body. Could it be that 93LegendTi is disguised as Prince Humperdinck operating on the knobs? ....no need to answer that, it's just a philosophical question but I can understand the reason why you get so worked out to the point those noodlebars of yours are turned into twisted waste metal. :cool:
Anyway, it really is a shame that Wesley couldn't handle the pain because if he did, we would have seen an earlier commercial version of the bowflex fitness machine . :D

The reason I ask is, others talked about "too early to be riding on the big ring" but over here, we see our Jerk-man juiced up to his gills (with beer) and training-even-harder-than-before-when-he's-Pro (because his Serotta-pals are good motivation tool) for Paris Roubaix or the high stake two-man-race-JerkvsDoofus. What give? Be careful there, I know for a fact that the Doofus is training like a madman too in between contributing his muse to his blog.
Please share your secret formula, and btw, Tom Boonen needs you "to show him the way" now that his former mentor Museeuw is not sticking around. :D And you are right, Tommy is still a young grasshopper (like I am) playing those mental games compared to Bettini. But with time, maybe he could. Just like with time, I might know as much as Senor Jerk does...maybe MORE!!! :banana:

Best regards,....and the doofus is right, weneedpics!!!
weisan

Kevan
03-28-2005, 11:57 AM
on the front lawn or kitchen flooring.

jerk
03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
here you go....tough to see but they are definatly shot to shi'ite.
jerk

(here's the bike after sunday's ride.)

Tom Byrnes
03-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Did you raise the seatpost just for your photo? Geez, what is the difference between the two?

Beautiful bike.

Tom

jerk
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
nope....that's where it goes.

Tom Byrnes
03-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I knew that. Just amazed at the difference in the respective heights.

weisan
03-28-2005, 02:55 PM
nope....that's where it goes.

No wonder you break those noodlebars, you are putting far too much weight on the front. :rolleyes:

weisan
Just walked in 30 seconds ago from his "lunch-fix" :beer:

mikemets
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
jerk

Wow, that is one great looking bike! :D
Now if you picture it with these changes you'll have mine due in a few weeks:
Black handlebar tape with little white Colnagos
Black Arundel bottle cages
Black Bebop pedals
Eurus wheels
and oh yeah, only 5-6 cm of saddle to bar drop ;)

mdeeds71
03-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you measure saddle to bar drop to the actuall "drops" of the bars...Someone educate me on the way to measure this...

mikemets
03-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Do you measure saddle to bar drop to the actuall "drops" of the bars...Someone educate me on the way to measure this...

I measure it from the top of the saddle to the top of the bars, using a long level.

bulliedawg
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
jerk

Unbelievable. Looks like about a yard drop from seat to hoods. You must be a real knuckle-dragger.

jerk
03-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Unbelievable. Looks like about a yard drop from seat to hoods. You must be a real knuckle-dragger.

what do you mean? it's not normal to be able to scratch the bottom of your knee-caps without bending over?
jerk

Roy E. Munson
03-28-2005, 05:18 PM
The jerk is a rather ape like specimen. Trust me, this is not extravagent, he has arms longer than I am tall. Actually, that's not very long :D

weisan
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
The jerk is a rather ape like specimen. Trust me, this is not extravagent, he has arms longer than I am tall. Actually, that's not very long :D

The Jerk needs a custom bike !!! :banana:

dirtdigger88
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
shhhhh.... I found a picture of the jerk in person- dont tell anyone

Jason :p

spiderman
03-29-2005, 04:44 PM
of those dugasts...!
i heard of a guy selling off his ottrott
for a c50
and haven't really understood that
...until now.
beautiful

Jeff Weir
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey you jerk,
Do you use arm extensions to help you reach the bottom of the drops? I get a back ache just looking at your rig!!!