PDA

View Full Version : Look 595 Seatmast cutting template

tkbike
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Kerry's 595 arrived today and as I already knew I will need to cut the seatmast. Being that there are no Look dealers close by and I am not sure about having the local LBS's attempt the cut, I am willing to do it myself. Does anyone know of a source for the cutting template?

Thanks

Ted

happycampyer
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
The cutting template/saw guide should be in the box that has the parts (spacers, etc.). Did you not get it? You can get one from Look USA.

SoCalSteve
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
The cutting template/saw guide should be in the box that has the parts (spacers, etc.). Did you not get it? You can get one from Look USA.

With the cutting guide it is a very simple job...just meaure a whole bunch first.

And, use masking tape where you cut...so, no splinters, rough edges,etc. 32 tooth new blade as well.

Good luck!!!

Steve

PS: it's a great bike! And, if you search my name on here, you can see a pictorial of me doing the circumcision.

Peter B
05-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Let me know if you need to borrow one and I'll drop mine in the post this week.

happycampyer
05-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Let me know if you need to borrow one and I'll drop mine in the post this week.Do you have the dealer version? I'm pretty sure that the templates that Look provides to dealers are made of a harder material and a meant to be used repeatedly, whereas the ones that Look includes with the bikes are designed to be single-use (they are softer and get pretty chewed up after one cut). That said, the mechanic at the dealer that cut mine has the dealer version and doesn't like it, and prefers to use the softer ones instead. He has spare new ones that he keeps in case someone needs a seatmast recut.

Peter B
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Mine is whatever came with the bike. Just carefully cut carbon and not the guide. Mine looks fine.

SoCalSteve
05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
A pictorial of my Look's circumcision here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=59955&highlight=circumcision)