PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Pedals - Nashbar

veggieburger
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
If you want to buy Crank bros cleats, they are $22 @ REI.

If you want pedals AND cleats, you can buy Crank bros Smarty pedals and cleats for $19.99 @ Nashbar. (67% off!)

Not a bad deal at all.

jordan
05-03-2010, 10:18 AM
That's what I was going to do! Although I hear you shouldn't dip below the C models...

veggieburger
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
They're not the best pedals, but on a commuter or weekend MTB, who cares? You're basically getting the pedals (or cleats) for free!

jordan
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Agreed. With tax and shipping, the total comes out to $27.80.

zott28
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
So for a cross bike that is mostly used for fire trails what do you think about them? Also isn't Nashbar the one that has a bad Credit Card reputation?

steveymcdubs
05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
They had a few problems with credit card information being stolen last year, but I think it's been taken care of. I haven't heard any recent reports of fraud.

sean
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
It's a good price for sure, but the minute I switch from Crank Brothers to Speedplay, I never looked back. While pedal deals are awesome, you gotta find something that works for you because you will just end up getting rid of the ones that didn't work.

Why not put that cash toward something better?

Just my 2cents. Feel free to ignore :o

Ken Robb
05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
It's a good price for sure, but the minute I switch from Crank Brothers to Speedplay, I never looked back. While pedal deals are awesome, you gotta find something that works for you because you will just end up getting rid of the ones that didn't work.

Why not put that cash toward something better?

Just my 2cents. Feel free to ignore :o

I agree, but once I tried Crank Bros. I sold my Speedplays. :) I think all the Crank pedals work about the same and this is a cheap way to see if their system works for you. I like them because I prefer mtn. bike shoes so I can walk securely. I refuse to skate around on Speedplay cleats or others of that ilk.

thwart
05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
I refuse to skate around on Speedplay cleats or others of that ilk. One word: Frogs.

Ken Robb
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
One word: Frogs.

tried them--pretty heavy, expensive, and didn't release easily for me because they required more rotation than I could achieve easily. I was surprised because so many people use and like them.

thwart
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
That is surprising.

A good learner's pedal for newbies to clipless, as they release easily for most folks. I wonder about your cleat mounting position...

sean
05-04-2010, 01:38 PM
UGH. I remember the first time I went out on my crank brothers on my way to work. Crossing 1st street a dude walked out in front of me and I couldn't get out of the pedals in time. Fell right over in the middle of a busy street during rush hour. HUGE EGO BRUISE :o